LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Travel Abroad   22 April 2019

IPC 279

Hello everyone In March 2018 I was charged under IPC 279 for entering in one way road. There was no accident, no speed, no one was hurt. As i was not aware of the acts and all, i took the challan and paid the fine in court and the case was disposed. I never thought that this would be a criminal case. Now i am applying for Canada PR. I have got the clean Police clearance certificate. But i am worried about after submission verification. As i know that any criminal record may lead to refusal. Will they get to know my disposed case as well. If Yes, what should i do?

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 April 2019

Nothing to worry, P R refusal is only if there is serious offence and imprisionment for 3 years or more. This is just a traffic challan with fine nothing serious even though it's under section 279 IPC. You'll get Canadian PR provided no other serious criminal conviction exists against you or for any other reason.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 April 2019

Nothing to worry, P R refusal is only if there is serious offence and imprisionment for 3 years or more. This is just a traffic challan with fine nothing serious even though it's under section 279 IPC. You'll get Canadian PR provided no other serious criminal conviction exists against you or for any other reason.

Travel Abroad   23 April 2019

I am just worried what if they ask for the criminal record from higher authorities and this show up. Is there any way i can have this expunge or reduced to 184 MVA?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register