LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranadeep Kundu   02 July 2018

I was charged wrong sections for Traffic Violation

I was going to play so I was riding without helmet and the traffic police was a little far from my home. They usually don't stay here because it's not a main road and I have never seen them ever at this spot. They saw me and asked me to stop, I stopped immediately. I have a new bike and it doesn't have any papers yet other than the invoice. So I showed them the invoice and handed over my learners (for motorcycle with gear) along with my previous license (motorcycle without gear). I was certain that I will be charged fine for riding without helmet and they even told me that. So took a challan and left.

Later, when I returned home, I went through and saw I was charged sections 177 and
179. Which is for not presenting proper documents and not corporating but not for HELMET.

Since my vehicle company didn't provide any more documents other than the invoice, can a police charge me for not having documents?

P.S. I have a TC number plate and its just 3 weeks since I bought my bike.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     03 July 2018

If you have any proof that you showed invoice paper and have behaved properly with traffic police then challenge challan in court or else pay fine.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register