LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachana (none)     25 March 2012

I want to hire the best divorce lawyer in chennai

We loved each other for more than a year.I got married to the same guy who is a syrian christian in sep 2010. I am a hindu by birth. I first had a hindu wedding at chennai.This was not registered.s  Later he blackmailed that i need to wed him in christian manner, only then he would take me to his home. So name sake, i converted and we got married again in christian way. This was registered by them. After staying there for less than a month, I came to know that his educational documents were fake, he had no job, went out early from house and returned only around midnight. My in-laws were deaf and dumb to my questions. When i directly asked him, he threatened to kill me. He pressed a knife against my throat. I choked and tried to run away from the house. I was locked up in a room. I was physically abused and badly beaten up.Somehow i managed to call the ooty police station and two lady police came to my rescue. The moment they came- all at home denied of anything to have happened. My husband bribed them and they just walked away leaving me in that pitiful state.I somehow managed to flee from there and reached my parent's place. From that day, I do not have any belief in police men.

It has been 1.5 years now living with my parents and i still worry going out of my own house. Twice my husband came to chennai threatened my parents.Screamed before my house that am at fault.He speaks ill of my character. I dont have the courage to face him. I am daunted. I need a divorce.

I have done double masters from UK. I left my career for this guy. Only then he agreed to marry me. Ever since, i am not working. I am left traumatised by all these happenings. Where does the integrity of women stand before such abusive men?

I need a leading lawyer to take up my divorce case.Please mail me of what steps need to be taken with your phone number. I can call you.

Learning

17 Replies

Mohankumar (engineer)     28 March 2012

sorry to hear the sad  part of your life.

my suggestions:

1) file a divorce case with help of lawyer immediately (if you are VERY SURE that you are not going to lead life with him)

2)  try to find whether he is agreeing for divorce with mutual consent. else its difficult. but be careful. if he come to know that you are applying for divorce he may take different stand to make your life miserable.

3) steps 1 & 2 should go parallely as both are very sensitive.

4) try to change your residence where he cannot find. maintain high secrecy of your residence, change your mobile number but donot deactivate your existing mobile number.

5) find job at new place and fight for your rights.

i may be right or wrong, but decision is always yours.

there are experts available in this forum. they can help you.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 March 2012

Try through references, as this is a christian wedding, someone who knows the same law well, should be approached.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     02 April 2012

First of all file a case of 498A.

Then file case of Maintenance, though you are well educated hence, maitnenace case may not work but try it so that he has to visit chennai.

And also for Divorce.

If u have proof of earlier marrige as per hindu law then u can file case of share in property also.

We have branch in Chennai, if u wanna pursue then i can help you.

Regards

Kamal Grover

Advocate

adv.kamal.grover at gmail

tarun (software engineer)     06 September 2012

chennai lawyers are listed here click on this link:
https://www.legalserviceindia.com/lawyers/chennai.htm

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     04 September 2013

The hindu marriage is null and void. so u can apply for it

Ad. Meena (Sr. Lawyer)     28 October 2013

Sorry to hear sad phase of your life. Don’t lose courage. Since you are educated you can start your career again.Due to existence of diverse religious faiths in India, the Indian Judiciary has implemented laws separately for couples belonging to different religious beliefs. For inter caste and inter- religion marriages the divorce laws are approved under The Special Marriage Act, 1956.

You can find Chennai based Divorce lawyers in this link.

Regrads

Meena

HASANBASHA (Young Advocate)     15 January 2014

Very sorry to hear the sad part of your life, I don't know the present state of your problem. If you need help still  you can refer the below mentioned advocates.In Chennai Mrs.Arulmozhi and Mrs. Sumathi are the best advocate for divorce case.

Regards

K. Hasan

Usharma (Lawyer)     09 May 2014

We are an experienced group of divorce lawyers Delhi having a team of highly qualified and trained lawyers in Delhi who can provide best services related to family disputes, divorce and all other related matters with confidence. Divorce and other family matters are very complicated and sensitive matters which need the services of highly qualified and experienced group of divorce lawyers Delhi to advice and take up the matters related to divorce before the courts. Divorce matters are filed before the Family Courts constituted since 2010 and the matter is taken up by the court thereafter, the stages involved with the proceedings related to divorce can be summarized in following steps:

STEP-I: Filing of the divorce petition containing the facts of the case, the grounds of divorce containing all details of the parties.

STEP-II: Family Court scrutinizes the divorce petition and issues notice on the divorce petition to the other party against whom the divorce petition has been filed.

STEP-III: The parties to the divorce proceedings are directed to appear before the court for mediation in most of the cases and efforts by the court is made to reconcile the parties and in the event of failure of the reconciliation proceedings the matter is posted for further hearing in the matter.

STEP-IV: The Family Court directs the opposite party to file written statement to the divorce petition and take all his defenses.

STEP-V: The petitioner is directed to file his rebuttal/rejoinder to the written statement filed by the opposite party. The application for interim maintenance etc is decided by the court at this stage of the case.

STEP-VI: The court frames the issues for adjudications and the matter is posted for evidence of the parties.

STEP-VII: The petitioner is directed to lead its evidence by way of filing the relevant documents, papers and by summoning all its witnesses.

STEP-VIII: The respondent is asked to lead its evidence by way of fling of the relevant documents, papers and by summoning all its witnesses.

STEP-IX: The final arguments in the matter are held and the matter is decided by the court. STEP-X: The court passes the decree of divorce or rejects the matter based on the entire facts, evidence and law.

Fylfot Group of Advocates

112, New Delhi House,
27, Bara Khambha Road,
Connaught Place,
New Delhi
INDIA 110001
Phone No: 011 23355388
Fax No: 011 43586010
Email: legalhelplineindia@gmail.com

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     09 May 2014

how blatantly and recklessly a case of false 498 was asked to be lodged when absolutely no instances of dowry harrasment was reported.

@Sachana - your marriage was solemenised and registered under christian traditions so HMA will cease to apply.At the first outset reading your message it looks like you both contacted each other via social networking sites and the marriage would have broke down due to your husbands suspicions (which could be true or unfounded).Try to work on MCD with him and get out of this as soon as possible.Engage common elders from both sides and work out on a compromise and dont get embroiled in legal cases,will not serve any one good except the lawyers.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     09 May 2014

why revive dead threads ?

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     10 May 2014

open your eyes ... worker and first try to find out who revived this thread.Let me open your miffed eyes and.let you know that my response (7 hrs ago) was in response to a post posted 16 hrs ago.

Aravind Kumar.S   26 May 2016

Hello Sir,

I am Aravind Kumar.S, My AGE is 24,
My wife ARUNA, AGE 26,

I got married by AUG 21 2015 in beach station register office, we started living our life happy, by FEB 28 2016 in our both home they found out that we are married,so they planed and make us septate. After that I can't able to meet her any more . Just 10 days back I got an news like that aruna is engaged with the person by 19 MAY  .when I try to meet her she said I don't like you .I was totally upset and I try to convince her,But she never her my voice she only said I want my parents happiness.Really I don't want to give her divorce so what can I do for this .   

Her parents all have brain washed her and take off with me. Is there any possibility stop her marriage and make her to come back with me . But now in her mindset she is not even ready to come and join with me ,but only thing I need, I want to stop her new marriage .without getting any sign from me how come she can marriage a third person .   

After FEB 28 she went off from me I drink 30 sleeping tablets and cut my nerves then  admitted in hospital for one month .

Without her I can't image a life ,So kindly help me in this sitivation.

Aravind Kumar.S   26 May 2016

I am Aravind Kumar.S, My AGE is 24,
My wife ARUNA, AGE 26,

I got married by AUG 21 2015 in beach station register office, we started living our life happy, by FEB 28 2016 in our both home they found out that we are married,so they planed and make us septate. After that I can't able to meet her any more . Just 10 days back I got an news like that aruna is engaged with the person by 19 MAY  .when I try to meet her she said I don't like you .I was totally upset and I try to convince her,But she never her my voice she only said I want my parents happiness.Really I don't want to give her divorce so what can I do for this .   

Her parents all have brain washed her and take off with me. Is there any possibility stop her marriage and make her to come back with me . But now in her mindset she is not even ready to come and join with me ,but only thing I need, I want to stop her new marriage .without getting any sign from me how come she can marriage a third person .   

After FEB 28 she went off from me I drink 30 sleeping tablets and cut my nerves then  admitted in hospital for one month .

Without her I can't image a life ,So kindly help me in this sitivation.

Advocate Saravvanan Rajendran (Attorney at Madras High Court)     30 July 2016

Just approach Kumar and Baskar Advocates where you have a detailed discussion with the senior lawyers. You can get good legal consultation regading Divorce and Domestic violence cases. Call : +91-9994287060 or Visit : https://www.legalfirm.in/divorce-lawyer/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register