Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

humanist (none )     07 March 2015

I'm 24.do I have to give my salary to my parents?

My parents are unemployed and they never make effort to earn. If they need money for something expensive my father just takes lones in sums of Rs. 25000 from a coop society. I don't know where he gets the guarantee from. So far he has taken thousands of rupees loan in the name of all family members. He just gets our signatures on the loan papers without saying anything. Recently in being skeptical about his intentions. What should I do? Also I'm the only person in family of 5 members. My younger brother is in final year B. Tech. Elder one doing diploma just to push time so he can get married to his American gf who it seems to me is either dumb enough or desperate enough to more than provide for him. In all this my parents spend all my salary for home expenses. I earn Rs. 20000pm. I am forced not make savings because they spend all of it. I don't think it's fair. Does Indian law say that my salary should go to my parents? I'm willing to do anything to stop them from "exploiting" me. I want to stand on my own feet first and then and only then I want to support my parents according to my capacity. I also have a girlfriend with who I plan to marry and spend the rest of my life with and we have great many things to do together. But I'm scared of conservative Indian law and society that suppress individuality and freedom.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register