LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swaroopa   23 July 2015

I have used credit card before marriage

I have used credit card before marriage almost a three years back.after that I lost my job not working anywhere.now after three years bank people is harassing me and mother.I am not in a condition to pay back.I am now 9th month pregnant.they are really harassing us contacting neighbors and getting details about us and.I am really not understanding what to do I.am not in a condition to pay are go for settlement at this condition how to stop them.

Learning

9 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     23 July 2015

When you credit card and enjoyed it. It must be repaid. For time being send a registered letter seeking some time for repayment of dues.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     23 July 2015

When you used the credit card and enjoyed it. It must be repaid. For time being send a registered letter seeking some time for repayment of dues.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 July 2015

Well enjoying initially and repenting later,what can I guide U madam? It is the duty of the recovery agents to extract as much dues from the defaulters as they can because they paid for doing so.U can't just say that U can't pay  anything right now,how will they accept UR version.

(Guest)

Pay it and settle matter or else they will never stop searching for you.

Always remember jitni chaadar utni hi bistar honi chahiye.

Haasige iddste kaalu chaachu.

Dont ever take credit card.

I am not criticising U for being a defaulter,sometimes it is intentionally and sometimes the financial positions make au a defaulter.But try to go for an amicable settlement.How old is UR credit card and since how long have u defaulted?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 July 2015

If you have not admitted the debt in last 3 years then it might be hopelessly time barred.

Recovery can not be enforced.

Such debt are sold off to recovery agencies and ARC's.

They buy it for peanuts and then indulge in such practcises for fat profits/commissions.

Their practices are illegal,transgression,defamation ect...........

Record each and every thing.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Recovery-agency-calls-124352.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.VbDKCrV-jMo

Deal with thier illegal practices with firm hands.

You have borrowed you should pay.

Whenever you have capacity to pay, pay the original CC company/bank that issued CC by obtaining in writing that  they shall call back your names from all credit burueau's like CIBIL,recovery agencies with copy to you and the settlement shall have no adverse bearing on your credit score and loan taking ability.sEttel preferably thru an able lawyer/seasoned banker without giving any advance committements in writing.

Mr.Kumar ,

Only loans come under the perview of Limitation Act but not credit cards

Swaroopa   23 July 2015

Thanks for the valuable replies.its been three years.actually I didn't did wantedly,I lost my job I didnt got any job years, after that I got married.Till then I use to support my family in a bad financial condition s I got my marriage.now I am carrying.I want to settle the money for sure but It will take sometime.now I am ninth month atleast another six months I can't go for work or a repay the payment.

Swaroopa   23 July 2015

Thanks for the valuable replies.its been three years.actually I didn't did wantedly,I lost my job I didnt got any job years, after that I got married.Till then I use to support my family in a bad financial condition s I got my marriage.now I am carrying.I want to settle the money for sure but It will take sometime.now I am ninth month atleast another six months I can't go for work or a repay the payment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register