Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayan   22 October 2016

I am a hindu boy in love with a girl from my family.

The girl belongs to my paternal background. We both love each other. Her great-grandfather and my grandfather(not great) were biological brothers (that means: my father's father's brother's son's son's daughter).  Is this relationship legal ?

Learning

15 Replies

(Guest)
It is sapinda relation. It is illegal. Don't proceed. Your children will.be born with genetic defects causing lifelong problems to u and in turn hinder growth of society. She is your sister. Brother sister marriage is illegal as per Hindu marriage act. 1956.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 October 2016

As per Hindu marriage act such marriage is prohibited and terms them illegal it comes under sapinda relationship .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 October 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Until or unless there is custom that has prevailed marriage in 'Prohibited relations' is illegal,void.

Sachin (N.A)     22 October 2016

What are the views of your family if they agree it means no one can object and you can proceed further.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 October 2016

Among the Hindus marriage within the “pinda” group, that is, sapinda group, is prohibited. In simple words, pinda means common parentage.

According to Gauthama and Brihaspathi, offspring from five maternal generations and seven paternal generations are “sapinda” and they cannot intermarry

(Guest)
Agree with Adv Ramachary Garu. Superb reply sir.

(Guest)
Agree with Adv Ramachary Garu. Superb reply sir.

(Guest)
Further, according to modern Hindu Law, 5 heads above male, 3 heads above female will be sapindas.

Sachin (N.A)     22 October 2016

Question of “pinda” group, or, sapinda group, arises when someone challanges the marriage in court, if noone is to challange nothing is illegal.

(Guest)
^^^ It is nonsensical and illegal to continue in relationship even after knowing true relationship ie brother and sister. If you advice like this India will have more handicap citizens. You are not a lawyer. This is no platform for idiots like u. Who encourage ppl to break laws. I pity people who follow your advice. Shame on you.

(Guest)
Agree with the views of Mr Singh.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 October 2016

Other than what has been discussed the issue of social stigma may also be accounted.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 October 2016

whether challenge or not the question I think. this is prohibited relationship.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 October 2016

Agreed with Expert Mr. KAVK Satyanarayana.

'this is prohibited relationship.'

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register