Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tony Stark (house wife)     09 September 2015

Husband threating to divorce for no reason of mine. Please Help!

Hi Lawyers,

I need your advice in a very concerning matter in my life. I have been married for 10months now and from the beginning my husband has been acting a bit wierd. Few months into marriage and I came to know that he is in an affair with another woman. When questioned he wouldnt speak. when asked why did he marry when he was in an affair, he says family pressure. He lives abroad and hardly sends me any support. My mother-in-law also doesnot take care of me. There have been days when I had to sleep empty stomach He keeps a lot of things to himself. He is being rude and abusive for no mistake of mine. All his calls and messages (whatsapp) are nasty. He is always trying to make it as if it is my mistake but in reality he is at fault. I am trying eveything to make my marriage work but he doesn't want to. He is now threating me to divorce. I dont want that to happen. What can I do? What are my options? Please help.  Your guidance is what I look forward now.

Learning

19 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     09 September 2015

legal remedy is complaint to women cell to add pressure and they may come into line..

Nitish Banka

(Guest)

you don't want to divorce but your husband wants. marriage is a thing that uses heart instead of head. women's cell uses pressure tactics to sustain the marriage but your life would be nightmarish because that pressure won't yield the love of your husband which is a mandatory condition for a happy married life. it only makes the situation worse.

therefore my advice will be that you should divorce your husband and start a fresh life yourself. mistakes happen you know but it is wise to rectify those mistake.

Could you please guide in detail about women cell, sir.

SuperHero (Manager)     09 September 2015

@Tony Stark - Though I am not a lawyer. Your query is incomplete. 

You have mentioned he is abroad. When did you confront him about his affair?

If you haven't consumated the marriage, try for annulment. 

Collect evidences and keep it safe. Start Working. 

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     09 September 2015

Getting divorce from Indian courts is not a child's play. First ask for restitution of conjugal rights. Tell him on the phone that you can book him and his family under 498A of IPC and DV Act. He and his family members Can be arrested. He thinks it can just divorce you for no cause. All Indian laws are in favour of women. Men has no escape route

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     09 September 2015

Where do you live. In Delhi DCW is at Indrapratha, ITO,

Thank you so much for your responses. I do appreciate every comment here.

He told me about the affair in the initial days of marriage only but he said it was all over before marriage. So I did not worry much. While he was here, he was very sweet with me and my family members.

The moment he left he county, he says, the affair is still there and he cannot live with me. The only thing he wants to do is to live with that woman.

What is the DV Act? I am in Hyderabad. Is there something you all know here?

Again, thanks for your guidance.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Tony Stark
Thank you so much for your responses. I do appreciate every comment here.

He told me about the affair in the initial days of marriage only but he said it was all over before marriage. So I did not worry much. While he was here, he was very sweet with me and my family members.

The moment he left he county, he says, the affair is still there and he cannot live with me. The only thing he wants to do is to live with that woman.

What is the DV Act? I am in Hyderabad. Is there something you all know here?

Again, thanks for your guidance.

Tony stark is here ! Wao.  Playboy philathropist, genius in Indial legal forum :-))

Tony, 

This is India, you can fly out of Afghanistan with your Iron Man suit, but you cant get out of court cases when you get into them.  If you want to teach lesson to this fellow then you file the following cases,

1.  498a.

2.  PWDVA 2005.

3.  125 crpc.

4. 24 HMA.

5.  420.

6. IA.

7. DIVORCE.

If not you can wait for him to change his attitude and forget the affair, seek intervention of his parents etc and do combined panchayat to solve the matter amicably.  Try finding what is bothering him and as to why he seeks pleasure outside and not with you.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Tony Stark
Hi Lawyers,

I need your advice in a very concerning matter in my life. I have been married for 10months now and from the beginning my husband has been acting a bit wierd. Few months into marriage and I came to know that he is in an affair with another woman. When questioned he wouldnt speak. when asked why did he marry when he was in an affair, he says family pressure. He lives abroad and hardly sends me any support. My mother-in-law also doesnot take care of me. There have been days when I had to sleep empty stomach He keeps a lot of things to himself. He is being rude and abusive for no mistake of mine. All his calls and messages (whatsapp) are nasty. He is always trying to make it as if it is my mistake but in reality he is at fault. I am trying eveything to make my marriage work but he doesn't want to. He is now threating me to divorce. I dont want that to happen. What can I do? What are my options? Please help.  Your guidance is what I look forward now.

Looks like the boy was forced into this mariage as his parents knew that he wanted to elope with some other girl.

Now what you and your parents can do is, take chappal and beat properly no head of those people called as mother in law and father in law. plus file all the cases on this baster d for spoiling your life, it is mainly the fault of his parents that they got their son married to you inspite of knowing that their son is having a affair.

Once you file 498a, take divorce from him and ask heft alimony because you will need money in future.  Take divorce and find someone else, you will surely get some good guy than this good for nothing husband.

Tony Stark (house wife)     10 September 2015

Thank you. Is anyone aware of a good lawyer in Hyderabad who can fight my case? Also are you aware where is the woman cell in Hyderabad?

Kapil Sethi (Director)     10 September 2015

It will not be possible for him to divorce unless you are ready for divorce. This happens very rare. But for creating a better quality of life and getting rid of anxiety you may try to settle issue with him. Take your marriage expenses and dowry and ask for a reasonable amout of assests from him and then divorce such a person. In my experience the feelings are difficult to change. Better leave him but with a lesson for him that what he has done is not desired.
Please click on the link below for the details of Women Cell in Hyderabad

https://www.hyderabadpolice.gov.in/Index-Files/IndexWPS-CCS.htm

SuperHero (Manager)     11 September 2015

Good Lawyers in Hyderabad. May be Ramachary on LCI can help you on that.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     11 September 2015

Inspite of your husband's extra marital crush, his snubs and inlaws' taunts and spending the days together without food, still you want to keep intact of your matrimonial thread, then none can snap it.  So, let him file divorce and you contest it.  He cannot get divorce.  If you are unemployed, you will also get maintenance, by moving appropriate case, once after he files the divorce case.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     11 September 2015

You report it to your mother and father that due to constant threat for divorce without any rhime and reason  or any inducement whatsoever your husband is causing mental torture continuously upon you which may turn to a grave situation. This report should be in writing and to be written upon postal inland letter. Axerox copy whereof is also to be posted at the address of The Suuperintendent of Police of your town for future reference. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register