Husband is not joining me

Hi

My husband had filed divorce case on grounds of cruelty and the same is dismissed by family court and high court. High Court advised him to join me and forget about divorce.

Now my husband claims that he will not file appeal in Supreme court and will not join me. He is challenging me to file RCR. My 498a has been dismissed.

I want to live with him and want to know what should I do? 

IT professional Studying Law

@Pooja - why was 498a used.You could have started with a RCR if you intended to stay with him.Wrong 498a is a proven grounds of cruelty.Why do you guys use/get provoked to use 498a at a drop of a hat ?

Consultant

Your husband would be extremely stupid person if he agrees to stay with somebody who has filed 498a against him. Hope he continues with his stand.

Total likes : 2 times

IT professional Studying Law

many petitioners do not know what is  non congnizable  and non compoundable offence  ... they do not have a iota of thought what the opposite party,his family memers have to undergo..husband files for divorce (not advocating it is right or wrong) .. recourse is advised by the opp counsel to apply 498a/DV/maintenance.

Lawyer in Hyderabad.Email:ramachary64@gmail.com

If husband is not joined with you as per court orders, then you file execute petition to join you. He has to face penalty or imprisonment or both as per the severeness of the case

Practicing Advocate

@ Pooja,

You cannot force your husband to join you and you cannot do anything in this situation legally when his divorce petition is now dismissed other than to wait. The high court can only advice him to join you, but cannot compel him under any provision of law. There is no question of filing any execution petition against a dismissed divorce nor any penalty nor imprisonment will be there for not joining you. Practically speaking, if you really want to patch up the relationship then, try for some out of court mediation thru some relatives /  friends and do some efforts to improve the relations. Filing of cases against each other and a long court battle  have strained your relationship. If nothing works then, forget the past and move ahead in life.

Total likes : 4 times

Advocate

Dear Pooja, you should request thebcourt u/s 9 for RCR once again. There is no other way to save your relationship. You can try to involve the elders and make pressure on your husband socially so that he might live with you once again. For anymore help, you can contact me on my e-mail id or my mobile. Thank you.

Advocate

Dear Pooja, you should request thebcourt u/s 9 for RCR once again. There is no other way to save your relationship. You can try to involve the elders and make pressure on your husband socially so that he might live with you once again. For anymore help, you can contact me on my e-mail id or my mobile. Thank you.

Advocate

Worker

My 498a has been dismissed.

I want to live with him and want to know what should I do?

if ur 498a is dismissed, then file appeal in higher court.

prove that he has harassed you, he has subjected you to cruelty.

then the court will convict him and send him to jail.

let him complete the jail term.

after that you both start living together happily ... forever ...

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu