LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheetal   17 October 2017

Husband demanding share in wife's property

I'm 46yr old working woman, I have a son of 20yr old, my husband had left us for 4 years and now he is planning to demand share in my property, about property details - I have a registered revenue property on my name, but the problem is everything that is used to build the house was purchased in his name(such as bills) although it was bought using my money, here my question is, is it possible that he may use these kind of tricks to get my property or any share in the property. I'm really worried. Is it possible if I can give my property to my sister as a gift, can this prevent him from claiming my property.

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     17 October 2017

Your husband does not have share in the property. Let him claim in court his share where he shall be firstly required to pay the court fee and then to prove his ownership. Merely because some bills are in his name does not confer him ownership right. You have every right over the property. Consult a lawyer with details.

manoj   18 October 2017

your husband is not having any right in your property. Though while constructing the house he would have purchased the materials, but it is not mean that he is havig title to the property. But he may claim money spent by him for construction. If you are ready to prove that the house was constructed with your funds, then you no need to worry. Your husband cannot claim against your property in the above situation.

manoj

advocate

Sachin (N.A)     18 October 2017

"Title of property" and "buying some counstruction material" both are different things. Your husband will not get any benefits by proving that some bulding material bills are on his name. It only shows that he gone to the shop to buy these items and it is quite normal that anyone from the family can go to buy the material

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 October 2017

First stop worrying and let the husband initiate any such steps and do not allow him to step in your house or stay till he gives a relinquishment deed duly registered in your name.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     18 October 2017

Merely purchasing some building materials in his name doesn't confer title over the property.You can gift/sale or transfer the questioned property as per your wish.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 October 2017

Yes, the husband has no claim or title over the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register