LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anon (ZYX)     19 March 2013

Hr action?

Asking this in public forum for want of info, so please void offensive responses and only people from India reply as it is specific to India.

One of my friend’s daughter was under mental depression due to personal reasons for about three years. But she was acting normal and efficient in the office.

At one point unable to live with depression, she took long leave (leave of absence) from office and tried to commit suicide.

In that attempt she failed. She did not have will power to make another attempt.

So she has decided to join duty as she has to earn for living.

Under this condition, when she joins duty after the leave should she inform her HR (Office) about her suicide attempt and if yes will it affect her legally and destroy her carrier?

If she hides the fact will it cause any legal problem from office / law on a later date?

If somebody can guide me please do so as my friend is helpless and needs advice to direct him and his daughter in correct direction.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     20 March 2013

no need to mention about it as it would affect her carrier. but she should be given counselling so that she could come out of depression and lead a normal life.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 March 2013

she was on leave and it is not necessary to inform because she is already in depression and at work place different views will be expressed about her and she cannot 

now she need assistance and moreover caring and loving atmosphere to come out of from that stage 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register