Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitin (hr)     18 July 2013

How to write to provide resignation acceptance.

I have resigned from my current company. I have draft an email and submitted hard copy for the same.  I have mentionded notice period end date in resignation letter.

My project manager replied as below.

We will discuss.

Then we have discussed it and he accepted resign verbally and told me that he will talk to HR for acceptance. 

I have asked my HR after long waiting 20 days. She told me that Project manger replied you and she was not aware about my discussion with project managesr. I have told her Please discuss with him and provide me acceptance letter but she didn't reply even after three days.

Now, I am feeling that I should draft an email for the same with inclusion of higher authority. 

Please help me to write email to get resignation acceptance letter.

Thanks

Nitin.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 July 2013

It seems that both the HR and project manager shall keep you entangled with them.

An ill informed employee is susceptible to exploitation.

Employee should always discuss such matters with elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm and proceed under with their counsel…..................................and become a properly informed employee.

Resignation should be addressed and supplied to appointing authority, MD preferably by redg. post.

Line manager and HR is not employer.

Until or unless empowered by the board of the company the project manager shall not be a competent authority to accept the resignation.

If he is not competent authority he should forward the resignation to competent authority.

You have incidentally received the written response of the project manager.

Secure a copy for your personnel record.

Submit the minutes of verbal discussion and verbal acceptance by this project manager………………………….

Also submit the minutes of discussion with HR too……………………….

Submit the copy of minutes of discussion with both to good offices of appointing authority, MD, CEO…………………………….

Resignation can be without permission and notice.

Before proceeding further show the standing orders of the company, appointment letter, resignation to a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer, spend quality time with your lawyer, proceed under expert advise and let the representations to HR/project manager/god offices be structured and drafted  by your counsel,………………

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     19 July 2013

just quote a reference of your previous letter and ask for the acceptance and relive as early as possible and looking for your kind reply 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register