LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GAGAN   01 January 2018

How to withdraw 498a after charge sheet file

Hello, My self Gagan Thakur . My wife filled a case against me under IPC 498A in the year 2013. My mother and sister name is also included with this. Now from dec 2016 my wife is living with me . Now we cant to close the case. But our lawyers are not doing the same. In my last date we have said the lawyer that we are innocent. My again a date received i.e. for next May 2018. Not understand what to do to close the case.

Learning

3 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     01 January 2018

You need to move to HC and file petition u/s 482 CrPC for quashing of FIR

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     01 January 2018

Let your wife appear in the court and record her statement where she admit of filling complaint against you all by mistake and misunderstanding and wants to withdraw the charges made by her. She is living with you since December 2016 and no other incidence between both of you incurred during the last one year. The Public prosecutor should be taken in confidence so that he will close the complaint case and JMIC will dismiss the Complaint against all accused, acquitting them of all criminal charges.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 January 2018

From December 2016, your wife is living with you and charge sheet is filed. File an application for compounding the case, even though 498a is not compoundable. The case is betweem husband and wife and there is no earthly reasons why the court should not compound the case even though non compoundable. Harmony in the family and society prevails as the highest justice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register