Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ys_peace   20 May 2018

How to waive of 6 months cooling period required for 13(b)2

Hello All,

If husband and wife have decided to go for mutual consent u/s 13(B)(1) of HMA. There is already more than 2.5 years of separation.

However, both parties want to waive of the 6 months duration required in between 1st motion and 2nd motion as per HMA 13(B)2 as per the latest SC judgment.

Kindly please let me know how it can be done.

1. Should we mention about waiving of the cooling period in MCD petition itself? (shall we mention the latest Supreme court judgment on it?, I came across this judgment- Amardeep Singh vs Harvin Kaur, Supreme court, Sept. 2017)

2. Or shall we orally pray to Judge about waiving off the cooling period?

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     20 May 2018

Originally posted by : ys_peace
Hello All,

If husband and wife have decided to go for mutual consent u/s 13(B)(1) of HMA. There is already more than 2.5 years of separation.

However, both parties want to waive of the 6 months duration required in between 1st motion and 2nd motion as per HMA 13(B)2 as per the latest SC judgment.

Kindly please let me know how it can be done.

1. Should we mention about waiving of the cooling period in MCD petition itself? (shall we mention the latest Supreme court judgment on it?, I came across this judgment- Amardeep Singh vs Harvin Kaur, Supreme court, Sept. 2017)

2. Or shall we orally pray to Judge about waiving off the cooling period?

Thanks in advance

Sir before filing second motion I would suggest you to please file waiver application in the concerned court. and in that application please refer all the condition which are required for waiving of 6 months period.  can also refer to the judgment you are talking about it will help you. After getting an order of waiver immediately file the second motion.

If you still need a Draft application for waiving of the period then plz contact me

Thanks,

Regards,

Aman Chawla

ys_peace   20 May 2018

@ Adv. Kamakshi, I am not a fool as you are thinking.

My wife filed 498A, 406 and DV cases which are currently running since last 2 years.  Now, we both have agreed to end this battle as per the mediation done by judge herself. 

I haven't filed Sec 9 of HMA neither I sent any legal notice to her before.

Helping Hand ! (Advocate )     20 May 2018

As your matter is old.  Same day your matter sent to mediation center and reported back as MEDIATION FAILED.  After this you need to wait till court gives order for divorce.  You can apply for divorce decree in separate application by paying requisite fees usually charged by your advocate which will include his fees.  There is no need for citation and waiving off in your case.  Waiving off of 6 months is needed for people whose marriage is 1 day old, 1 month old or is less than 1 year old.  Not for people like you whose marriage is old plus wife filed false cases on  husband.  All terms conditions of mutual divorce should include taking back of cases by wife, no asking alimony in future etc. 

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     21 May 2018

You will have to file seperate application for waiver of 6 months stating the facts and circumstance of your case. You can refer the authorities mentioned above. Court may after considering the application may pass order for waiver of 6 months.

b.goheel   24 May 2018

sir, like to know iwhether application for waiver of 6 months period, is to be made jointly ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register