Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RITESH RANJAN (Translator)     06 May 2015

How to prosecute an impersonator

Respected Jurists and Members,
Following are some facts and circumstances for your kind perusal.

1. Mr.'A' is a Govt. servant. He is not a DDO (Drawing and Disbursement Officer). He is well aware of the fact.
2. Even then, for some vested interests (commission etc., though no proof available regarding acceptance of commission or bribe) he signs Application Forms for Personal Loan from Govt. Bank as the DDO of the applicants, who also are lower grade staff in his office.
3. Through the RTI Act, 2005, information provided by the bank clearly mentions his name that he has signed as the DDO in many applications.

REQUEST - Kindly guide about appropriate course of LEGAL action / Prosecution in light of the aforesaid facts.

Myself along with many other low paid employees shall remain grateful for your valuable guidance.
Regards,
Thanking you,
Ritesh Ranjan

Learning

4 Replies

bsrao   07 May 2015

You can complain to his higher authorities on his transgression of authority. There is no way you can initiate any criminal action as he is not impersonating anyone. At the most, he would be reprimanded for signing such applications if it is beyond his powers. 

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     08 May 2015

on what ground you would complaint to higher authorities without any valid proof may be he is signed as ddo in the applications but do you have any valid proof that he is taking amounts from cuistomers

in my view first gather irregularities in the application where he signed and those application are not up the standards to give loans basing on that you can give complain to higher authorities that he is not taking proper care while granting loans which leads to failure to pay loans from customers and loss to government

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2015

You are not able to describe facts in straight manner.

(i) who committed fraud?
(ii) how committed fraud?
(iii)what document he signed?
(iv) for whom he signed?
(v) how the documents were false?
(vi) to whom he submitted documents?
(vii) what benefit he derived out of the transaction?
(viii) what harm you faced out of the transaction?

Apart from above ambiguities, you have conveyed that it is a loan matter from Govt bank.

(i) loan is for how much amount?
(ii) in whose name?
(iii) for what purpose one was taken
(iv) actually taken by whom?
(v)How amount delivered to imposter?
(vi) Did the bank not verify the identity of the actual applicant.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2015

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/HOW-TO-PROSECUTE-AN-IMPERSONATOR-536526.asp#.VU1w1PCupVI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register