LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md Shadab Ansari (Law Student & Human Rights Activist....)     21 August 2009

How to prosecute an Army man?

An army man is sending obscene mails n scraps to a girl who is also from army.How the girl prosecute that man?Can he be prosecuted under Information Technology Act and IPC.Are there special procedure for them?Is civilian laws applicable to them?Please give me detail how to prosecute him?Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 August 2009

better give complaint to his superior authority first.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 August 2009

If that man and that girl is engaged in the service if Army then other civilian laws are not applicable to them. That girl has to approach the senior authority and has to file complaint against him. That man will be tried by the Court Marshal of Army.

Thnx 4 ur valuable info.

Thnx 4 ur valuable info.

If the complainant is not satisfied by the order of Marshal court then where the appeal lie...Direct to the SC or HC?And if the sperior authority doesnt hear her then where she move SC or HC?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 December 2011

I would request Mr Cherry to intimate the portion of law which forbid making in FIR

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 December 2011

Mr Ansari the civil and criminal law of the land does not cease to apply if one joins army. In case the offcence is covered under Amry as as well as IPC the army can opt to try under Army Act and he has no choice in this discretion. If the offence is not covered under Army Act then Court matrial is barred.  Kindly read Army Act. Supreme court directions in Vishakha case are not irralevent in this case.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2015

Originally posted by : ramachary64@gmail.com
If that man and that girl is engaged in the service if Army then other civilian laws are not applicable to them. That girl has to approach the senior authority and has to file complaint against him. That man will be tried by the Court Marshal of Army.

I shall be highly greatful to be enlightened if Mr Chary could propvide me a single provision of law whic forbids aplication of all other laws on Army person..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register