Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samir   27 January 2017

How to know which case is lodged against me?very very urgent

Dear Sirs,

I have been working in a private MNC, but recently I have cleared IAS Prelim and now already appeared in Mains and confident enough that I'll clear it as well.

But I have a problem which is making very very worried. about 7 years ago while drinking at a park in our local area Police caught me and took me to local police station, then put me behind the bar after noting down my name, father's name and address. After 3 hours a person (Who was lawyer, later came to know) came and asked us to sign on a few documents, got me fingerprinted and asked me to sign on vakalatnama which I did as I was damn scared. He took Rs. 200 from me and then released me. He told that he will submit this amount as fine at the hon'ble magistrate court the next day. And also told me to collect the receipt from him the next day evening. But I received no summon from the court. I was told the lawyer would submit the fine and he would handover the receipt to me which I never collected.

But due to unawareness of law and since I was so damn scared that I didn't go to meet him next day to collect the document/receipt that he was supposed to hand me over. He told me that it was a petty case - Though I don't know what I was charged with. I still have no idea under which section I was charged.

Now I have to give a declaration form in UPSC, I know I was caught by police, was put behind bar for couple of hours, signed and fingerprinted a few pages, signed vakalatnama, so I can not outrightly deny that I was neither detained, or convicted, or arrested or anything like that. But the problem is I don't know nothing about that case, though I know it was a petty case as per that lawyer.

I used online RTI route to know the deatils. I filled online RTI to West Bengal State Crime Records Bureau and to local police station to know whether I have even been arrested or convicted or detained.

But both them declined, WBSCRB told that they don't maintain such details and local police station told it's lot of documents that they have to go through which is not possible for them.

The problem is I couldn't remember the exact day of the incident, not even exact month. I only remember the year.

Somebody suggested me to go for PCC, but to avail that I have to renew my passport which is on the verge of expiry, but there is no gurantee that they will do the verification properly, sometimes they don't verify at all for passport renewal. And a citizen just can not ask for PCC without citing a valid reason like valid Visa or something like that. Where as in case of UPSC police verify it with due diligence.

I'm not been able to sleep at all due to my worries. Can somebody please suggest me what are the other way possible for me to know what had actually happened that day, the case details, and what kind of case was it. And whether I'm eligible for selection if it's a petty case.

Basically I want to know everything about the case. Is there a way to know it? Is there any way to check my entire life in police records as they normally check in case of a govt job?

And if it's a petty case am I eligible anymore for UPSC selection?

Please help me out. Kindly suggest me. I need your guidance.

Learning

6 Replies

samir   27 January 2017

can any of the revered experts guide me on this?

Pawan S (Advocate)     28 January 2017

Absolutely nothing to worry about. In petty cases, summon is not necessary. 

Forget about the case & don’t try to dig that case. You are acquitted of everything. And very well eligible for govt job.

No need to mention anything anywhere about the case. Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite J

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 January 2017

it appeas that you just paid bribe and no case was registered.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
it appeas that you just paid bribe and no case was registered.

agree with Mr Sudhir.

Pawan S (Advocate)     30 January 2017

"sign on a few documents, got me fingerprinted and asked me to sign on vakalatnama which I did as I was damn scared."

Since, you have signed some of the documents that your advocate has asked & asked you to collect the receipt, so prima facie it is not a bribe.

But, until and unless you collect the receipt, we cannot assure you whether it was a bribe or the fine.

But, anyways, you are out of the mess. 

yogimpsingh   30 January 2017

Why are you worried in such petty case in the country where sizable part of legislatures occupied by fellows having criminal antecedents .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register