Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmendra Shah (Manager)     16 December 2013

How to get divorce when wife is irritating

Dear sir,

I got married just 6 months before . This is my arrange marriage.  She belongs to little bit upper class family compared to me. After marriage she demanded much more things to live. i.e New house, facilities etc. That I can not give her because I spend huge money on my marriage and I have to repaid it. She is also a working woman . I bear all the expenses of her including his transport exp from job to home and vice verca. She is not ready to give a single paisa from his salary . She also quarrales with me and my family regarding things. Also she is not ready to keep relation with my family and relatives except me . She also not ready to take home responsibilities like. cooking etc. She is just short tempered and speak anything she like.  I am got tired from she . But she is not ready to change herself . I told his father to take her from my home and He did it. But I and my family want divorce but they are not ready to take divorce . Then

What to do ?

On what ground I can file application ?

what are the consequences of that ?

Can she file maintenance application ?

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     16 December 2013

you can approach the family court on the ground of cruelty and desertion by your wife.

Once, you prove the same then you won't be liable to pay a single penny to your wife.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     16 December 2013

agree with rohit. nothing left to add

(Guest)

The grounds for divorce under Hindu Marriage Act, is given under section 13 of the Act. One of the grounds is cruelty. It states that a spouse may apply for judicial separation or divorce, if, after the solemnization of the marriage, the petitioner has been treated with cruelty.

However, under Hindu laws, an application for divorce can only be filed after a year from the date of marriage has passed. Divorce before a year of marriage has been passed can be granted by the Courts only in exceptional circumstances, where the parties to the marriage face extreme hardship. On the basis of the facts stated, as per my opinion, this does not qualify as ‘extreme hardship’ in the view of the Courts.

You will have to wait for a year, before you may apply for divorce. Also, when the divorce will be granted, you would have to pay an amount, namely alimony to the wife. The amount would be fixed based on the income, qualification and lifestyle of the spouses. In case, you file an application for divorce n the basis on cruelty, the onus rests on you to prove that the incidents and behavior of the wife are of such a nature and/ or of such extreme nature, so as to constitute cruelty. You may opt for marriage counseling. It would be of much help in your case.

You can approach me on 09555507507 or email at info@lawkonect.com for any discussions.

-Regards

Advocate Pooja

www.lawkonect.com

Need Help... (MIS-Executive)     23 December 2013

Iska matlab Ye hai mere dost.... ki Usse Pura hakk hai tumhe irrited karna but tumhe koi bhi hakk nahi hai usse pareshan karna ... shaddi ki hai to vo aisi haddi(bone) hai jo tumhare gale me aatak gayi hai jo na tum nikal sakte ho nahi nigal sakte ho.... Agar usse nikalna hai to Har Mahine(Every Month) tumhe usse payment karna hai... Means Khaya piya kuch nahi glass toda Bara aana..... Chupchap Sahan Karte raho ya phir Jail Jao ya payment karte raho.. Palate raho.....  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register