Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shazia   05 March 2018

How to get divorce decree ceritificate from court

Hello All,

My name is Shazia Ansari 32years of age ,Muslim by religion. I have filed a DV case against my husband in 2015. And my husband did 2nd marriage also in 2015. I have one son age 3.5years. Now we have decided for mutual divorce in which he will give me my son's permanant custody authority and also NOC for his name change as i wanted to add my name with my son's name. On 03march2018 i got Khula Nama with English translation along with Affidavit of NOC of name change and Permanant custody authority along with 2lakh rupees DD in the name of my son. 

I want to apply for Decree certificate in order  to get the status of Single mother and name change of my son and also to remove my husband name from my passport. 

Can you please help for procedure of how to get Decree from Bandra court since all the lawyers are giving different opinion like i will be required to file a case, if i will file the case will get the certificate soon.

Please help me as i need to do it urgently because of need to change my son's name in school and rest of the documents. And my only concern is to get Permanant Custody of my son as i want to stay with him life time please.

Thank You,
Shazia

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     05 March 2018

Use the Talaqnamma got from the Quazi for all documentation purposes as for Muslims that is valid document and no further court decree required. If still you want decree of dissolution of Muslim marriage from Family Court then you will have to file fresh case for dissolution of the Muslim marriage against the husband under the Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act and that by itself will not be valid case because your marriage is already dissolved and the valid divorce case can be filled only if marriage exists. So best course, use the Talaqnamma for all official purposes.

Shazia   16 March 2018

thank you sirs

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     16 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register