Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra shekar (Engineer)     05 April 2010

How to get certified/attested copy of decree

Dear Sir

i need to obtain a certified/attested decree copy of my divorce. My lawyer is away and not in town. can i go to the family court in bangalore and apply myself. Where do i get the application form to fill and the stamps for court fee.

Also I have xerox copy of the said decree. can i get it attested as truecopy/certified copy in the court.

Which is better and fast.

Kindly advice me

Regards

Chandrashekar

Learning

4 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     05 April 2010

Purchase  an application for cerifide copies. You can find it in a shop near by the court. Fill it with the details required and affix Court fee stamps on the application as prescribed by the Court authorities. Pay the required fee for furnishing copies. In case of  urgency additioinal fee will be collected. On submission of the application, if possible you can get the certifide copy on the same date.

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     05 April 2010

U will provided a Free copy Order within few days from date of order, which u can collect from court ,for decree u need to make an application for certifiedcopy in the court,if u have filed the Petition/case Party-In-Person then u dont need u r counsel else he has to identify u while collecting copy u can as well file a memo in court mentioning non availability of counsel and collect it in person,as told earlier for decree u need to apply seperately.

U mentioned a xerox copy of order,is it photocpoy of official copy or unofficial,if its second  no one will attest the same.

Chandra shekar (Engineer)     06 April 2010

Dear all

It is the  photocpoy of official copy I have. but i dont have the original one. So do i need to apply again for fresh copy or can I get the officail photo copy attested in the court. Which is better and quicker?

Regards

Chandrashekar

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 April 2010

Dont  go for attestation because you can apply for  any number of certified copies but you will have to pay fees for it.

Just you file an application for certified copies of the order but advocate endorsement and his signature i.e., I know the applicant  is necessary on the certified copy application.  Any advocate can do it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register