LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (qa)     30 June 2014

How to get apply for visa for adopted child in india

I adopted a child (my brother in law's) daughter. And got Deed (from notary) and attested Deed (from Court) and submitted these documents to Passport office. 

But they reluctant to give the those documents back after receiving the passport.

When I applied for a UK Visa, they rejected and said I have to provide the original Deed documents.

I requested passport office but no use.

What can I do now?

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 June 2014

Adults who were adopted as children need not produce a 'registered adoption deed' while applying for a passport, Bombay High Court ruled Wednesday. The court held that a 2001 circular issued by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) mandating a registered adoption deed in case of adopted children seeking a passport, is applicable only in case of minors.High Court rulings and argued, "It is the act of adoption and not an adoption deed which confers the status of an adopted son. A perfectly valid adoption can be made without an adoption deed."

inquisiteMind (NA)     17 July 2014

You don't even need to tell it is adopted child as long as the birth certificate of the child bears your name and so does the passport.

In my case, i didn't even provide the passport office with adoption deed and mention it to them as the birth certificate having the my and my wife's name as parents fulfills all the conditions.

Also i had applied immediately for a US visa for my child and again no issues and there was no need to mention anything about adoption.

As long as you have the birth certificate and passport that shows you are parent , you shouldn't willing mention about adoption anywhere is my opinion. It will land you in more trouble.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register