Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Koushik (LLB)     19 July 2015

How to file criminal case against sisters-in-law?

My sisters-in-law misguided my wife to file Divorce case on cruelty ground against me with a intention to get lumpsum amount from me.

I did not go for mutual. I collected all the evidece against the false Divorce case on cruelty. Seeing this my sisters-in-law compelled my wife to withdraw the Divorce Case on cruelty. Now they want mutual divorce from me without demanding any money.

My wife has withdrawn that Divorce case on cruelty ground. Both we filed mutual Divorce suit before two months.

But I want to file criminal case against my sisters-in-law on ground of cheating on marriage hiding her cronic desease, her infertility, and this fase divorce case.

Can I do that? before our mutual divorce is over ? or I have to file criminal case before getting mutual divorce?

I am studying LLB 2nd year. I have no experience.

Please help me out.

Koushik

Learning

7 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 July 2015

Better draft an mou with the help of a lawyer specifying conditions of no alimony and also a clause that she will withdraw any pending cases and wont file any case in future

Ompal Aggarwal (Advocate)     20 July 2015

U want to fileCri. Case againstur sister in lawon ground of cheating but how u prove that n if u fail then she would file against u.Better forget it and think for ur mutual divorce case. N consult to some experienced lawyer

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     21 July 2015

Firstly concentrate on the MCD,other wise if U file any criminal cases against them UR wife may abstain from MCD,landing U in further trouble.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     23 July 2015

First you complete MCD without alimony if possible. After obtaining decree think further action against your sister-in-law.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2015

I agree with Mr Devella and Mr Roy.  You should at this stage avoid annoying  experiments.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2015

By the way you  are alw student and asking

"But I want to file criminal case against my sisters-in-law on ground of cheating on marriage hiding her cronic desease, her infertility, and this fase divorce case."

1. which choronic disease you are referring to?
  2. you never stated that your wife was mentally unsound and could be instigated by her sister.
  3. The allegations made by your wife have not been proved false before any court as she has withdrawn the same for the sake of MCD.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     26 July 2015

Although I dislike to enter in a debate yet I need mention here that what I experienced in conducting similar cases was that in most of the allegations of 'unsound mind' of the wife it was found / detected by psychiatrict analysis that the mental age of such wives were less than that of physiological age.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register