Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lost (Manager)     06 August 2013

How to deal with these neighbours. please help !!!

Me and my parents live live in an apartment in a soicety founded by very peaceful followers of a religious sect. Though most of the initial members are still there, however some of them sold it to other people, which is okay and was as per owners wish. Sometime back one of the owner who lives next door to me rented out his apartment to 5-6 boys in their early twenties. Everything was okay initially (say 10 - 12 months) but after that  they have started making so much noise that they just disgust everybody. None of these guys study or work, and all day long they keep on sitting at home creating noise/ bring girls to their house/ have alcohol parties at night..... which becomes quite embarrassing and makes my position a lot awkward before my parents...

I have confronted them 3 - 4 times to keep noise levels down, even at 2 in the night..... but that has made no effect on them. They look to be from well off families, but i doubt that they might be involved in some anti social activities too. Guys in posh cars come to their place and leave very frequently, and i have a feeling that they come either for girls or drugs for sure. The timings of these visits is very irregular. The moment one car comes, everybody in the house leaves in the second car. 

Coming home after a hectic days work all one needs is a peaceful home... but ... these people have just made my life hell : (

I have tried asking the members of the society for help but they are scared that they might be attacked by these people. I have been avoiding going to the police for the simple reason that they might hurt my parents or plant something at our house. I have seen them with one junior police officer too. Everybody in the society knows about them but have done nothing. This behaviour has been going on for more than 2 years now and i am very irritated and frustrated. Many attempts have been made to reach the owner of the apartment, but he has not even come once in society meetings.

Is there anything that can be done??? please feel free to answer if you like. please help

Learning

1 Replies

Jayesh Deokar (Advocate)     07 August 2013

First of all....it's your mistake that you didn't approach Police to lodge the complaint against such nuisance. And your neighbours are taking the undue advantage of this fact. I'm sure now they are taking your and the other society people's unvigilant attitude for granted and hence they have started to spread their wings.

They are violating your fundamental rights guaranteed by Indian Constituition, simpliy because you are allowing them to violate by not taking any legal action against the behaviour you are complaining here.

However, It's good to do any right thing, albeit late.

In my  opinion, you should first lodge a complaint to the local Police station. If you & other right thinking members of your society can unite and do this, it will an added advantage as it will have more force.

Despite lodging complaint, if the Police officers remain inactive in this regard, you may file a writ petition under Article 226 of Constituition to the HC praying the Court to compel the Police officers to take appropriate action.

Hope you decide not to tolerate this anymore and be bold enough to take legal recourse without wasting the time.

Regards,

Jayesh Deokar

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register