Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARUN KUMAR (POSTAL ASSISTANT)     06 January 2014

How to deal with ipc 279 & 336 when the driver is innocent?

On December 07th 2013 while I was riding my two wheeler, a boy child of 5 years carelessly jumped in front of my bike from the opposite side of the road. The facts are that I was driving my vehicle very carefully at a speed of 30-35kmph and I was wearing a helmet. The jump was so synchronised that I could apply the brakes only after the boy was hit on the right side of my bike. I stopped my bike and attended the child who was lying on the road. His mother and sister was also accompanying him. There was an injury in the chin. I accompanied them to a near by clinic and after giving first aid the doctor told them to take the boy to  the District hospital. I arranged an auto rickshaw of my friend and guided them to the hospital. On the mean time I searched the boy's father and took him along with me to the hospital from his workplace. He was a gentleman and he behaved nicely. There was a deep injury in the boy's chin and had 12 stitches over it. He lost 2 teeth in the collision. There was nothing serious or life threatening. I have a driving license and an up-to-date vehicle insurance and all other documents were perfect. So when the child's dad asked I told them that they could lodge a complaint so that they could get all the expenses incurred from my insurance company. I completed all my procedures in the Police station and RTO. I was neither given a copy of FIR nor any documents relating to my case. On my assessment I could understand that I was charged with IPC sections 279 and 336. Later only I understood that it mentions about life endangering/ causing hurt with rash and negligible driving which in my case is very much wrong. Today the police officer who is dealing with the case called to my mobile and told that there are provisions for my Driving license to get suspended for 6 months which he can prevent if needed. I strongly suspect that he is playing his tricks on me to get a bribe even though he didn't ask for anything directly. But I am not at all willing to give any bribes since I hold a strong principle against corruption. So what action should i take further to prove I am not guilty? I am a central government employee and trying further for better opportunities in Govt sector itself. Do this case in anyway will affect my career prospects ( especially during police verification procedure related with Government employment)? An expert opinion in this matter will be a blessing at this point since I am deeply worried. Expecting your advice at the earliest.

Learning

2 Replies

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     06 January 2014

Don't worry ,you can settle the matter in court.

ARUN KUMAR (POSTAL ASSISTANT)     06 January 2014

@ Kundan K.R. Singh : Sir, could you please post the details of the procedure? And what about my career prospects?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register