Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

xyz_softwareen (IT)     01 November 2014

How to choose good lawyer ?

Hello,

I have got married on 6 May 2012.

My wife left my home on 13 July 2012 by making some drama. I have posted details at below post.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/How-to-get-divorce--101198.asp

I have contacted some lawyers in surat. But confused to choose  a good lawyer. Where to find reference for good lawyer ? My friends suggest me two good lawyer. One lawyer is lady. so I have planning to go for second lawyer. He had said me to give all details by writing up. He will send first notice by mention the leaving date of wife. But I am confused in choosing him because he has give one reference of divorce case which is running from 2011. I am worry if I am giving in writing all details then in future does it create any problem for me ? because in some cases lawyer change the side.

There is no possibility of settlement between me and wife family. because they are asking for my full property.

They are also much clever. before 6 month  my father in law send invitation of merriage of his friend son. They just drop invitation to my remote uncle village home. Does this means any ? I am planning divorce file using  Desertion because there is already 2.5 years gone.

Please guide me to solve this problem fast.

Thank you.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

A good lawyer is the one who does his job punctually.  Many a lawyers take up to many cases, and as a reason if they do not have associates or juniors, will end up not performing their duty optimally.

What I suggest is, go for a lawyer who has ample number of juniors, who can represent you, take dates properly, attend hearings properly, such lawyers are a bit costly than the one's who dont have juniors or associates.  Go find amongst litigants as to what they are paying to their lawyers, are their lawyers puntual etc and based on that information choose a proper lawyer.  Litigants means your other brothers and sisters who are facing similar cases.

Dont think too much, you will have to trust somebody finally, I agree there are crooks in this business too, like in any other field, but there are good and prompt lawyers too.  

There are also people who  fight their own cases when they dont have trust on lawyers, but that is a totally different take.

Already you have lost 2.5 years, I cannot make out what were you waiting for, you should have filed divorce long back.

Cannot comment on fees of lawyer.  Some charge 300 per date, some charge 1 lac for one case.  Find cheap and best lawyer as your case will go on for long time.

All the best.

xyz_softwareen (IT)     01 November 2014

Hello Helping hand,

Thanks for your response.

The lawyer whom I meet he told me that he will take 5000 rs/- first for once notice. and then charge according to requirements.

I have waited because of my brother marriage. My parents almost found girl for him My wife mostly file 498A/DV act. Because of me he should not suffer we have only one that aim.

gautam (not disclosed)     02 November 2014

Understand your situation, now don't waste more time and find a good lawyer, get lots of information and follow some suggestion from Helping Hand.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 November 2014

why do not you  continue on thread. Why do you want experts to run around the web for facts and then favour you with a free advise.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 November 2014

if you are satisfy with the lawyer then only you may that this is a good lawyer, its depend on you to choose the lawyer as per your satisfaction.

you may approach from the court for mediation or counselling and the court is duty bound to do that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register