LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saravanan (partner)     03 December 2017

How to cancel gift land registration

MY FATHER IN LAW HAVING A PROPERTY IN KERELA. WHICH BELONGS TO FATHER IN LAWS MOTHER( SHE IS NO MORE.) 

MY FATHER IN LAW HAS 2 DAUGHTERS AND 2 SONS. ALL ARE MARRIED. HE GIFTED THE PARTIAL PROPERTY TO HIS SON BEFORE 2 YEARS, WITHOUT OTHER SON DAUGHTER KNOWLEDGE. AT THAT TIME WE DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTION.

NOW THE SON WHO GOT THE PROPERTY WAS TORCHERING MY FATHER IN LAW IN MANY WAY.

SO HE DECIDED TO CANCEL THE GIFT REGISTRATION.

PLEASE GIVE YOUR VALUABLE SUGGESTION TO HIM, TO DO LEGALLY.

THANKING YOU.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 December 2017

It is believed that all involved are Hindu.

Is your FIL as senior Citizen?

Is this gift deed registered?

What is recited in the said gift deed?

Hope NO HUF was formed.

Is there any irrefutable evidence of all contentions posted by you of cruelty etc?  

Confirm?

The property from mother’s side is not ancestral.

There is NO HUF in Kerala.

Gift deed is not cancelled and is revoked by court of law.

The nature of the property that devolves by inheritance is self acquired.

If the said gift deed is having any recital on say service to Father (donor) or conditions are recited and are not fulfilled then Father (donor) has a good reason to proceed to revoke the Gift deed of immovable property thru court of law.

If the said gift deed is signed under any force/fraud/coercion …..then Father (donor) may approach court of law to proceed to revoke the Gift deed of immovable property.

The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007, Rules framed by the state under the Act provide for vesting back the transferred/gifted property………….in quickest, most economical manner…..  

I am sending you a few links and you can pick up relevant points and discuss with your LOCAL counsels..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register