Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Sharma (MD)     24 August 2014

How to be safe from your brothers criminal activities.

Hi There

I really need some helpful advice. so please help me. i will be really thankful to you !!!!!

Recently there was a crackdown on chitfund organizations operating in my state and my brother was associated with one of such organization. they have taken a lot of money from people and till now a lot of people did not get any return. I have heard that CBI investigation is in place for these cases.

some people say that all the properties of those persons associated will be taken away by the government  and they may also investigate the properties of the relatives (brothers, sisters, mother, father) too. so i am really frustrated now. i live in a joint family we are few brothers and sisters. we live in one house. other brothers which includes me are into other business. so i have some cash in hand and gold jewelleries of my wife. so i am not sure if CBI comes with a search warrant of my house will they search my assets too? will they take away anything they want, like my cash and jewelleries too? what should i do so i can be sure that all those assets earned by me remains mine?

is there any legal actions/application i can take so i or my father or other brothers dont have to go through all the legal problems? 

for your information the current house where we live is owned by my father. so can he take any action to protect himself from any unjust treatment of police/CBI ?

Please help on this!!!

i really need help.

Learning

3 Replies

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     24 August 2014

If you are living together with your brother in a joint family in the same house and if the CBI searches your brother’s property, there is every likelihood that your property may also be searched if it is situated in the same house. You may take the precaution of getting proof (and keeping the proof ready to show to the CBI, if needed) to show that your money / jewellery belongs to you and you have purchased it with your own legal income. If possible, you may even consider segregating your property / house from him.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     25 August 2014

I would like to know to in what capacity was your brother linked? And what was this Scam all about?

Regards

Chetan Joshi

Rakesh Sharma (MD)     25 August 2014

@Ashok, Advocate, Thank you very much for your valuable advice. i really appreciate your help.

@Chetan Joshi, My brother was one of the board member of the company. The scam is that they have taken money from people with a promise to return higher profits. but it looks like they are unable to return money and there branches has been sealed by Police. I have no connection with that company as i have my own service oriented company. so i dont know much details of it. but it looks like cheating and fraud kind of a thing.

Can you give me any advice, so me, my other brothers and my father  who dont have any connection with this case, know how to handle a CBI Search and Investigation? We really dont know anything about LAW and we are really nervous. so these days we are really in lot of mental tention. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register