Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yash Rungta (Proprietor)     16 December 2012

How to ban residential cell phone towers?

Hello,

I live in a society where there is a Reliance Cell phone tower installed since ethe last 10 years. Its agreement got over last month and the authorities want to renew the tower. I want to know that how I can block the same. I somewhere read a new rule that 70% flat owners need to pass the ower and I'm pretty sure we have about 40% openly opposing the tower in our society. Please suggest a way.

Learning

2 Replies

Justice for all (Legal)     16 December 2012

Cell phone towers are a BIG NUISANCE and a serious danger to health. There are orders of the Patna High court, Rajasthan HC and Delhi HC to that effect. The interim order of the Rajasthan HC, in a PIL,  directing removal of cell phone towers near hospitals and schools,  was UPHELD by the bench of Justices HL Dattu and Justice Chandramauli Prasad

Even otherwise, the hon'ble SC has come down heavily on the lax attitude of govt in not framing a uniform policy of installation. After schools and hospitals, the next logical conclusion should be the areas of high density population. Hope this partially helps your cause.

1 Like

Yash Rungta (Proprietor)     16 December 2012

Thank you for the information! What is the status in Maharashtra specifically Mumbai? How can I stop this?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register