LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasath prasath (student)     19 June 2015

How strong is my 1st pil.

This is my very first PIL that I typed on my own... regarding S497 of IPC ie: Adultery.

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 June 2015

The Supreme Court of India gave all individuals in the country and the newly formed consumer groups or social action groups, an easier access to the law and introduced in their work a broad public interest perspective.
Go ahead.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2015

have you filed this?

prasath prasath (student)     22 June 2015

No, I have'nt sir.

Should I?

is it strong enough?

I'm just a law student. does this hold?

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     22 June 2015

seems ok. there are chances of its success because not much people recently have gone towards 497.

go ahead. it might be a success but for that you might have to be head strong as women organizations might come forward to influence its outvcome. keep posting after filing pil

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2015

Originally posted by : Poorna Prasath
No, I have'nt sir.

Should I?

is it strong enough?

I'm just a law student. does this hold?

for seking directions of judiciary for setting aside or modifying any existing law one needs to give strong justification for it.  You ned to prove to the hilt that the law is unconstitutional (not merely unjustified or not accepted by majority). No such irrebuttable inference is seen.

prasath prasath (student)     23 June 2015

But is'nt it a violation of the constitutional article 14 (of right to equality before law) to punish an illicit partner (a male) but not the adultrer (a female) when inferred to be equally guilty (for consenting to the act)?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 June 2015

Please make a study of earlier challanges made on this issue.

Dino Mackenzy (Delivery Head)     08 July 2015

Glad to see that we have started thinking to move towards gender equality. ALL THE BEST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register