Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Network7 (Executive)     22 July 2014

How long does it take to get release letter?

I have worked in the company for 10-months and did server 1-month notice period after submitting resignation letter.

Now my issue is

1. The HR Team did not disclose what am I getting or how much, asked them many times.

2. I have returned back all companies property/stuff, have no dues, got 25 paid leaves to take/encash.

3. I have worked sincerely and with dedication, no complaints against me regarding my work or professional behavior.

4. They hold back 2 months salary, 1 I submitted resignation and the other I served my notice.

5. It has been over a month I have served my notice and no longer work there.

a. I am yet to receive my Release Letter, which they said I will get after 21 days, it has been a month now.

b. Yet to receive my 2-months salary and other dues.

Everytime I ask them, they say it will take time, but how much time they can't say.

I have worked 8-years abroad, this is the first time I have worked in India. The company policy book does not mention anything regarding blocking 2-months pay when resigning and getting release letter after a month of serving notice period. It just mentions to serve a 30-day notice period, that is it.

I am just helpless, I don't know the labor laws in this country and how it works for pvt. firm. Please guide me what to do and how to resolve this in a calm assertive manner. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register