Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sureshyeskay (Retired (VRS) Assistant Director of Horticulture)     19 January 2015

How father can will if he inherits property from his mother

My father inherited property from his mother (i.e., my grandmother). My father has 3 children (2 males & 1 female). First male unmarried. Second (myself) male married. Third is female, married. My father/ elder brother (who is unmarried) and my younger sister - all 3 of them have registered themselves a partition deed without my knowledge. What would be the legal strength if i go for a partition suit, claiming my right as a legal heir. Thanks. Please help advise me.

Learning

1 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     20 January 2015

A. Your father has an absolute ownership over the property and since the property is inherited from their grandmother that should be treated as self acquired property in the eyes of law.

B. You have no right to claim partition over the property and your father can make a will or dispose the property in any manner as like self acquired.

C. In case if your demised leaving behind legal heirs, you and remaining class I legal heirs are entitled to get an equal share over the property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register