Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498_final stage (Professional)     12 June 2013

How do i know chargesheet for 498a has reached court?

Can you tell me how would I know that the charge sheet for 498a has been filed and reached court? What is the process?

Learning

6 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     12 June 2013

The court would summon you after which the charges shall be argued upon.

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Dear Mr Joshi,

Thanks. Can we ask our lawyer to go in the court office and see himself if the charge sheet has arrived??

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     12 June 2013

you have to check with the court hearing every time 

if you do not present in the hearing then with the court section you have to check 

Dear Mr Mahesh,

I am sorry I dont understand what are you trying to explain? You are saying that there is a court hearing everyday where the name of the chargesheet is call out???

What do you mean by Court Session?

Please explain with clarity.

Thanks

Never Give Up (Fighter)     12 June 2013

Ask your lawyer to check if chargesheet has arrived in the court or not. Its routine procedure for them.

Once chargesheet is reached in court, court would send you summons to appear before particular date. Again you can receive the summons or ask your lawyer to find date on which first hearing is scheduled.

Appear on that date and start with trial.

I did ask them and they told me that it has not arrived yet. And one day we got summon from the court at our place. We are on interim bail right now which had to end till the mediation which has failed already. I need to know... can we get the extension on the bail till we are not proven guilty or our legal system would ask us to stay in jail based on mere charges without proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register