LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satish   10 February 2018

How can i recover money from builder

My dad has given 5 lakhs advance through cheque payment to a builder regarding sale of property and written "Agreement to sell" on 9th jan 2015 on a 100/- non judicial stamp paper which was not registered with the registrar but was signed by the builder. It was not known to us till he expired on 14th march 2015 and we are not willing to take the flat which was agreed to take by my father and we have conveyed it cleared to the builder that we are not financially able to take the flat. so the builder has agreed to return our amount and has written "cancellation of agreement to sell" and taken all the family members signature but builder has delayed in returning the amount by 3 years dragging that he would give money every time we used to ask him. Now we have asked for interest and he also agreed to pay the interest amounting to total of 6.6 lakhs ,but as usual he is dragging the matter again and again showing us the cheque in our name and dd in favor of my mother.

Now it seems to us that my document is expired and would like to know any possibility to book any kind of case against him to recover our money back

Learning

1 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     11 February 2018

By way of filing recovery suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register