Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilima Shah (None)     15 January 2014

How can i get an admission to the bar council of gujarat?

Hello,

I passed the Gujarat University's LL.B. exam in 1997 and have received my degree of LL.B from Gujarat University.  Recently, I have passed the bar exam in California and soon going to be a licensed attorney in USA. 

Based on my bar admission in California, USA and my Bachelor of Law degree awarded by Gujarat University, can I apply for admission to Bar council of Gujarat or any other Bar council of India to be able to call myself an Advocate? 

I did not complete the one year of internship under the supervision of an advocate back then after I got my LL.B. and therefore could not apply for my Advocate license at that time.  In 2000 or after words, the legal studies changed in Gujarat and now it requires three years of studies but when I inquired about this situation, I was told by someone that I can just apply for the admission based on my foreign degree and the other person told me that I have to study the third year and pass the exam. 

I am really confused and if someone can guide me in the right direction, I will greatly appreciate the help.  I need this to add into my resume for excelled job opportunities and want to complete the legal education in a true meaning! 

Thank you very much in advance for your anticipated cooperation regarding this matter! 

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

You directly contact .  Contact   BCI at 011 49225022  or 011 49225000 and clear all your doubts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register