Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How can i change lic agent

Hi,

My existing LIC agent provides me very bad service. So I have requested for changing my LIC policy agent as per detail available in this site at link "https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Change-of-lic-agent-52726.asp" in written as well as by mail to branch manager of LIC branch from where my LIC policy was issued. In beginning, they didn't provide proper response. But when I have logged complain in IRDA, they have provided me below answer :

"WE HAVE TO STATE THAT THERE IS NO PROVISION IN LIC TO CHANGE AGENT. WHERE AGENCY IS IN FORCE CONDITION WHICH PLESE BE NOTED. HOWEVER WE HAVE INSTRUCTED OUR AGENT AND HE HAS ASSURED TO PROVIDE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICES TO YOU ."

I want to change my existing LIC agent anyhow, because I have no trust on my current agent any more. Can anyone suggest me, what can I do as next step? Where can I find Rules for LIC agent change in LIC or IRDA, so that I can ask LIC Branch Manager to do as per guideline of it?

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 October 2013

As per IRDA Norms there is no provision to change the agent in the term of the policy.

you may appraoch other LIC Agent for future services and policies. you may also speak to Mr. Mahesh Kumar Dalmia who is an LIC Agent for last 20 year plus. He might provide you solutions for your problems. his Mobile No. is 09869015722

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2013

There is no provision to change LIC agent on the policy he has introduced, no doubt his service may be bad, but you should know one thing that a LIC agent's job is only to introduce a customer to LIC  for policy and  he is not obliged to offer after sale service hence demanding he same from him is not justified.  As a matter of fact, after taking the policy, it is the responsibility of the policy holder to take care of his policy namely payment of periodical of premium amounts, policy service matters namely nomination/change of nomination, assignments, corrections in the policy bond, loans on policy, claims etc., for this, these days there are online facilities and all the queries are attended to by the Corporation over online itself that too very promptly thus reducing your dependency on agents for the said purposes. In fact a visit to a LIC office in person on any working day will enable you to clear all your queries regarding the policy and all other related issues.  Thus, instead of wasting your valuable time by waiting for an agent to pick up all your queries and deliver all your requirements at your door step, try do it yourself and find the difference.

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     18 October 2013

yes I am agree with Advocate  Kalaiselvan.

Sehyd_needtochange agent (Engineer)     29 January 2018

Thank you All,

I partially agree with what Kalaiselvan said above.

what about the ploicy holders who live in out of country and no one there to help in branch office?

I pay the money and feed the agent like a parasite? if i knew this, I would not have buy a LIC policy.

when i need a lone or change nominee online website does not help , Me or or someone has to walkdown to office.

But policy holder is help less..just dropping emails to branch office or regional office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register