LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manojabcde (engineer)     11 January 2017

How an ordinance dt 28-12-2016 of goi will be implemented

I have been seeking for implementation of payment_of_wages_ordinance_2016 of GoI . But labour departments centre and state seem to be in no hurry to implement it by claiming to be four months whereas in the ordinance , no further time of four months have been given.

Pl suggest how to get implemented this ordinance by amending section-6 of payment and wages Act.

Learning

2 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     12 January 2017

The notification has been implemented from 28-12-2016 all over India. On which date the president of India put his signature on bill from that day it made law and enforceable by everybody. There is no need of further time to implement.

Jyotirmaya Prasad Behera

Advocate, Orissa High Court

manojabcde (engineer)     13 January 2017

Thanks for your reply. I again make my querry clear to get specific help as following-----

(1) State govt---I have been sending repeatedly emails to the secretary, labour deptt ; commissioner, labour deptt for state govt for which their reply is shielded by the word "appropriate govt " i.e. state govt discretion to implement central act in the state. 

(2) Central govt---Dy CLC(chief labour commissioner) is also in no hurry to get it implemented even in central govt deptts mainly railway which is most corrupt deptt in the name of fake/dead/multiple names of employees shown in papers of contractors at civil works construction sites.

My request is --when to file writ petition in highcourt to get implemented OR what is the minimum time & reminders needed for getting writ admitted in the highcourt despite clear ordinance dt 28-12-2016.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register