LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheetalkumar   25 November 2015

House purchase

I have purchased a house from seller(Rs 35 lakh with loan of 25 lakh) one and half year ago.The sale deed was done at sub-registar office with proper stamp duty etc. The same has been registered in Municipal carpaoration and I am paying the  Tax on property on my name. Now I got a call from Tax officer saying that previous owner has made a forge with you and the house is under their authority, come with your C.A , lawyer , and pevious owner or else they will seal the property.

Now I did not Understand, what is the reason the tax officer called me and what would be the dispuit? can please help me to understand what was  wrong?. can a tax officer call  this way or he should  send official notice? and why I am getting call after 1 and haf year after purchase of property?

Regards

Sheetalkumar

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     25 November 2015

Mam,

I feel it must be a bogus call, because these things were checked when you visit the registrar for regiistering your property, any ways you can discuss with the papers in hand with me for clear understading.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Sheetalkumar   27 November 2015

Dear Kapil, Thanks for the response. I met to this income tax officer.He is telling the seller has pending tax on some shop he has purchase in 2005. So if he does not clear the same then they have rights to seal the property. I asked why this notification not come during purchase or any system? But he told it is not necessary but purchasr has to check with IT department. Before purchasing the same. Now please me that what IT officer legally take action on property which is now on my name ? And what will be the solution? Please guid. Regards Sheetalkumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register