LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhul (dr)     07 April 2014

Hotel invoice in name of guest

I booked my hotel through www.makemytrip.com. At the time of checkout  I was surprised to know that they would not be giving any invoice to me. They say that invoice will be in the name of makemytrip and I will be getting invoice from them.

As I was on official duty (govt), hence for claim purpose I need proper invoice from hotel and any invoice from makemytrip will be summarily rejected.

So my query is that, being the direct user, Shouldn't the invoice be given in my name. How can the hotel refuse the invoice to me. Travel agent has just facilitated the booking.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     07 April 2014

I think Hotel is right. Check  whether Hotel was booked in the name of "makemytrip" or your name ? Try to print out the acknowledgement, web page of the www.makemytrip.com.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 April 2014

Here you should see that you are not the direct user as you wrongly claim.  You have utilised the services of some agency for your purpose, thus, the hotel is right in mentioning the service provider, i.e. your agency as the correct person to be invoiced.  You can get an invoice from the agency for the services prvoided along with a copy of the hotel bill for your claim from the office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register