LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

divya (student)     27 April 2016

Home loan repayment- bank mortgage rules

My friend has purchased a flat in Bangalore 2009 with home loan option of 30 Lakh. Till 2014 the emi was paid regularly and then huge amount of 10Lakh was paid to the bank. Now the outstanding loan is 21,00,000. Now my friend has lost job still trying to manage the home loan payment by taking support from friends and relatives. There are 3-4 cheques bounces and 3 emi is pending, Consecutively my friend has approached many times requesting to give some time to make the emi payment but the manager is not being supportive has asked the legal team to take action for cheque bounces and lack of 3 emi pending. They are harassing my friend to clear the emi in oneshot with is not possible at the moment. The bank has conveyed that they will put the mortage rules. My friend needs help. Kindly suggest the best way to come out of it and also help required if any lawyer in Bangalore can support us.   

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2016

Pay all pending dues. This is the best option.

Arrnage  a buyer and with consent of the bank clear all pending dues.

Meet superior officer and request to reshedule/restructure.

Obtain proper acknowledgment.

If the a/c becomes NPA it shall be a big problem.

Certainly you may proceed further under expert advise of a lawyer  specialzing in DRT/Banking/consumer matters. 

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     27 April 2016

Rightly advised, kindly follow the same, nothing to add.

(Guest)
If u desire to engage legal counsel...do inbox me at. ... juristybcreddy@gmail.com Regrds...Balachander Reddy,Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register