LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaji Joseph (Lawyer)     31 December 2007

Hindu Succession Act

General rules of succession in the case of males.--The property of a male Hindu dying intestate shall devolve according to the provisions of this Chapter:

(a) firstly, upon the heirs, being the relatives specified in Class I of the Schedule;

(b) secondly, if there is no heir of class I, then upon the heirs, being the relatives specified in Class II of the Schedule ;

(c) thirdly, if there is no heir of any of the two classes, then upon the agnates of the deceased; and

(d) lastly, if there is no agnate, then upon the cognates of the deceased.

Learning

6 Replies

anupam_advocate (n/a)     13 February 2008

thanx

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     14 February 2008

Thanks for the information.

gouru venkateshwarlu (advocate)     18 March 2008

whether illegitimate children are having any legal right in co-parcenory property on par with legitimate children?

WILLIAM JOHN BOSE.K (Advocate)     17 June 2008

yes ,illegimate children also have their share in the property of their father,though the illegetimate wife dosent have the share

lokendra patel   05 January 2018

i  had same case  registered will  in 1983  & intestor expires in 1991 - HINDU- WIDOW -  expires without ant legal heirs & THIRD PARY- beneficary   with different surname how to get transfer his name in land records & other property papers 

lokendra patel   05 January 2018

i  had same case  registeration of  will done in mubai  in 1983  & intestor expires in 1991 - HINDU- WIDOW -  expires without any legal heirs & THIRD PARY- beneficary - property held in Gujrat   with different surname how to get transfer his name in land records & other property papers 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register