Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rekka   04 May 2019

Hindrance to career prospect

Hello,

Four and half years ago I had paid a fine of 1500 rupees in a court as the police asked me to as I had accidentally tresspassed into my neighbours house. While the matter was actually cooled down on the day of the offence I only asked the care taker of the neighbour's house to lodge a complaint as they had man handled me. We went to the police station, the caretaker gave a complaint and we came back. The police asked me to come the next day as I didn't have my ID card with me. I went the next day morning gave my ID card. The police gave me some challan and asked to show it to the concerned person in the court. The whole issue was over in less than 24 hours. Issue happened in the night and the very next day morning I just went and paid the fine. 

The constable from the same police station (concerned person) in the court assured me it was a petty offence and need to worry about it. He just took the fine, made me write something (I do not remember) which was already printed in the document in my own handwriting took my signature . I did not face any judge, I didn't stand in the square box, I did not plead guilty infront of the judge nor was I approched by any lawyer. All I did was pay the fine as the police asked me to. I just received the payment of fine in the end that's all. I did rememer filling a form

I don't know for what charges I had paid 1500 rupess but I tried to find through RTI but haven't received any reply from them. I dont even if there was a CASE against me. I don't know whether this will amount to conviction. I do not have the receipt also. I was very scared at that time and I didn't ask any questions to anyone. That's why I do not know exactly what happened. Since the police said paying the fine will settle everything I just paid.

Will this issue affect my career prospects whether government or Private?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 May 2019

Conviction in the sense for employment is conviction through the process of the court only.  There is no need for you to mention this as offense.   Preserve the copy of RTI Application after going to First Appeal.  

rekka   05 May 2019

Sir, so there is no need to mention this issue in any form i fill up before joining? Like application forms "Have you ever been convicted" etc.?

rekka   05 May 2019

Actually I did not understand your reply. Could you explain me.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 May 2019

The facts, as stated, do not amount to conviction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register