Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leelesh Ramakrishna (Practice Lawyer )     06 November 2014

High make up price

HI All Dignities Advocates

My query is all about the "MARK UP PRICE", can this be bought in notice to the consumer court.

I had recently purchased a WIFI router in a hardware shop for Rs - 1600 including VAT and Bill along with seal of the retail shop. Late on within a week I realised that the actual price of the same product was 900. 

Is this right to being charged for high price to the customer. Can this be raised to Consumer court. Can we expect monopolistic price in the market rather than having "Mark UP PRICE"

As a Law student I am eager to know about this. Was I am fool to pay the high Price or can I fight over this.

Eagerly waiting for the reply

Thank you 

Leelesh.R

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     06 November 2014

There will be slight difference from shop to shop.  But this is huge difference.  After confirming that its price is only 900/-, issue a legal notice to the shop where you have purchased for 1600/-.  If there is no response, file consumer case for difference of amount along with damages and legal expenses.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2014

The prices will differ from one shop to another and from one brand to another. Since you have purchase bill, you may make enquiries about the same product and same brand with same definitions and dimensions from a repute shop outside, if the price is very glaring to the one quoted to you, decide about a legal action if you do not get proper response/reply from your shop keeper.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register