Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     11 June 2016

Help track an online rti portal

THIS IS SUMMARILY A LOST/FOUND NOTICE.

Undersigned was a member of an online RTI portal 4/5 years ago & has made number of worthwhile contributions. This seems to be a Hyderabad based portal (Am not sure & may be wrong).

'Indiatimes' stopped its email service suddenly. Simultaneously, some thing v.drastic happened & things went out of hand in personal life. I miss my association with my friends, community. I distinctly remember a good friend, Dr. Malhotra from Chandigarh. 

Search for this online portal on google etc has not got me success. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the portal name too & vaguely remember it starts with 'RTI....'.

There are possiblities that: Fiends of that portal might be on this portal too. Some member of this portal might know of that portal too etc etc & hence this notice.

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2016

Perhaps, there is only one on line portal of repute RTI.Org and the key person is Hon.C.J.Karira from Hyderabad.  As this portal fits all your descripttion try to search the on line forum which is running well till to day and has also a bright future.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2016

You can reach the portal with this following link.

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/173917-does-bank-have-charge-over-property.html#post414446

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     12 June 2016

Sir,

Thank you very much.

I think you are right. The difficulty is, the portal has changed completely & so am not very sure at this moment. The prominent thing I recognise is the badge, credits etc that it gives to encourage members & attract participation. I have initiated steps to retrieve my account. If this is the same website & if I succeed, I will definitely revert back on this thread.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 September 2016

Currently, Central and a few State government departments have facility for filing RTI applications online. However, there are multiple independent websites that let you file your application online. They charge you a nominal amount, for which they draft your application and send it to the relevant department. This is as good as sending an RTI application without having to worry about the particulars.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 September 2016

The purpose of RTI is to empower every citizen to know the transparency and accountability in functioning public authority.

The filing of RTI Application is so simple and less complicated than writing simple letter.

It is always proper to learn the Act as there are six sections that are important and one can master the art by purchasing a book of bare act written in mother tongue.

Sec.5,6,7,8 teach as to how to make application and what are exempted from soliciting. The statutory obligations of Public information officer

18 is complaint direct to IC in case citizen fails to get response from PIO seeking action against PIO without seeking for information.

Sec.19 states about First Appeal above a superior to Public information officer with same authority, and if not satisfied preferring appeal to Information commission.

Sec.20 deals with violations by PIO in providing information which helps in making prayers.

Almost in every town and city every educated person is guiding others in preparing applications and appeals and so far no volunteer are charging one rupee for this nominal help.

It is always proper to teach citizens to deal their issues on their own, and only support and guidance are needed, and there are on line forums which give such guidance within one hour.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     24 September 2016

# 7

RTI Law is also intended to be a transparency & anticorruption too & the online portals that have been suggested are definitely good, safe means.

---------XXXXXXX---------

Most of the PIOs are not as knowledgable in their own fields; are not as responsible as what one expects.

I feel it is time to reward good RTIs.

Does law permit rewarding good PIOs, AAs?

--------------XXXXXXXXX--------------

By the way, the site that I am seeking seems to be the one that is listed, 'RTI India'. But, there has not been any response till date.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register