Share on Email

Share More

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     09 October 2008

Help to Poor Litigants

When a poor litigant is compelled to contest the case against a rich

person, he should not only be given financial legal aid but the poor

downtrodden person should also be furnished aid with advice and

assistance in settlement of disputes by negotiation, concilliation,

compromise, arbitration or any other means.

Pls get the complete text at-

https://indianlaw.blog.co.in/

Learning

5 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     10 October 2008

Today there are more than 2 crore court cases pending. (India Wise).

Majority of these court cases are over 10 years old.

If so called "poor litigant" is provided financial aid, then question is :

Q. Who will provide the financial aid.

- I can't afford to provide financial aid and you won't provide the financial aid.  If the Govt. provides the financial aid, it means the Govt. will be Taxing us (indirectly) to fund the "financial aid" for the "poor litigant".

- If other words the Rich people will actually be funding for the Court cases against themselves by providing "financial aid" to the "poor litigants".

IT WILL BE A ROBINHOOD THEORY ... STEAL FROM RICH TO FEED THE POOR.

(as if the RICH became Rich, by stealing or begging)

Q.  90% of Indian population are poor. There will be a flood of Court cases.  Who will handle them.

- As it is there is shortage of Judges, ALL the time.

- As it is there are more than a Crore court cases pending, since more than 10 years.

- because of the mentality, there will be a flood of false caes to extort money from the rich.

- the poor people hardly litigate.

- most litigations are out of Ego problems, and are for time pass.

A Probable Solution : Define a limitation period to dispose of court cases (All types of cases).   

In New Zealand & Saudi Arabia,  the maximist court cases are disposed off in 3 months time. People dare not file court cases or commit crimes for fear of literally immediate justice. No lingering on. No delay.  No poor litigant clause available nor Rich litigant clause applicable.

Keep Smiling ...HemantAgarwal

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     10 October 2008

Dear Sanjay

You have covered all the importnat aspects regarding free legal aid. perhaps the intention is not forthcoming from the querry in the forum. That may the reason why our friend Hemant has taken Robinhood as a measure to settle the issue. Your attempt is healthy and mostly welcome. I will defenetly co-operate for any legal problems LCI faces for the poor litigents.

Serving food to all is our aim. Like that serving justice to all is our duty. A good society as far possible must  equally divisioned with equal rights which includes the distribution of legal remedies also. thank you Sanjay.

Bina (none)     10 October 2008

I AM ONE OF THOSE UNFORTUNATES!

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     10 October 2008

Dear Hemant I appreciate you querries & dear Suresh I am much thankful to you for the reasons delivered by you. Really you are one of my good friends.
Dear Bina I received ur querry & I will get it resolved soon.

Thanks to EVERYBODY.
Regards...
Sanjay Dixit.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     11 October 2008

Bina , Please elaborate, without disclosure of identity. This forum , I am sure , will do whatever it can to lessen your burden. Mr Dixit, u r not alone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register