LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashwin (None)     27 June 2014

Help !! the police is intimidating me .

I bought a phone second hand from a premium reseller and i have the bill. The police called me the other day , 3 months after i bought the phone and stating that it was a theft phone, they wanted me to surrender it . I have my exams and cant go to him right now .. but he says if I dont go meet him now , i will have to face some serious legal action. I have the bill from the store given on purchase of that phone too ..Am i seriously at fault or is the police trying to intimidate me ??

Learning

2 Replies

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     28 June 2014

Dear Ashwin,

If you have all the proofs that you have purchased a mobile from reseller then there is nothing to worry. Police is just doing their duty, they are not intimidating you. Ask them to come and collect the phone from you along with proofs as you are busy in your exams or you can go for a while. They cannot involve you in any crime as you are bonafide purchaser.

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Bhasin Legal Consultants

SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES

www.bhasinlegalconsultants.com

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 October 2014

If you are policeman who deals with a case of stolen cell phone and traces the custodian then would you  yourself not do the same. You do not meet them, do not surrender the phone to police (case  property), ignore their calls.  But never forget that till you satisfy them about your innocent purchase and lead them to the shopkeeper from whom you purchased, they are at liberty to pick you even at the gates of exam hall.

For you it may be first and last case but for police it neither first nor last.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register