LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja Lakshmanan (Software Engineer)     26 October 2014

Help on sarfaesi act 13(2) possession notice

My father availed home loan of  Eight lakhs on Aug 2010 from Union bank of India .Till now we paid Rs. 2,79,000 still we having an loan Outstanding ofRs.9,02,000 and overdue amount of Rs. 1,65,000 . Our loan account skipped inNPA category on November 2013 .During the month of March 2014 I made a payment of One lakhs to my loan account and give a letter that requesting bank officials to regularize my loan account and stop the legal proceedings to sale my home through SARFAESI Act. Still I didn't received any reply from the bank end. In this meantime bank served SARFAESI act 13(2) possession notice on June 2014 .After the expiry of demand notice bank served 13(2) notice to take possession my asset on 8-10-2014 in this notice they mentioned the date and time of the surrender possession of my asset .Already we explained brief about our current financial situation to bank branch manager But there are not willing to grant time for remitting the overdue amount.

What should i do now ?? kindly reply to my below queries..

(1) Shall i request the bank to reschedule the loan account (ie) increase the loan tenture

(2) Wait for the 13(4) sarfaesi act physical possession notice challenge the same on High Court (or) in DRT

(3) If i challenge the 13(4) physical possession notice on DRT means how much amount i should deposit to get a stay for stop the  sale process .

Now,I am not in a position to remit my full overdue amount. But i am ready to remit Rs.50000 and give post-dated cheques for my next six months EMI's and They replied me back on 17-10-2014 .But obviously my offer is not favoured by bank and they asked me to remit full dues immediately falling which bank can proceed  with Sarfaesi Act without any letup . Please give me your valuable advice . Thanks in advance !  Advocates who are practicing in Debt. Recovery Tribunal Madurai and Madras High court  madurai bench means please contact me through personal message 

Learning

2 Replies

Marimuthu (Proprietor)     31 October 2014

lease meet the branch msnager and explain your problem.Get time to repay the loan, as much as possible. Notice u/s 13(2) is a demand notice issued by the bank calling upon the borrower to repay the loan within 60 days. If borrower fails to pay the loan even after issue of 13(2 )notice the bank may take the possession of asset by affixing the possession notice u/s 13( 4). It appears from your message that the bank had issued 13(2) notice,but it is not clear whether the possesion notice 13 (4) is served or not. You can contact me @ 8973 918699 for information

Marimuthu (Proprietor)     31 October 2014

lease meet the branch msnager and explain your problem.Get time to repay the loan, as much as possible. Notice u/s 13(2) is a demand notice issued by the bank calling upon the borrower to repay the loan within 60 days. If borrower fails to pay the loan even after issue of 13(2 )notice the bank may take the possession of asset by affixing the possession notice u/s 13( 4). It appears from your message that the bank had issued 13(2) notice,but it is not clear whether the possesion notice 13 (4) is served or not. You can contact me @ 8973 918699 for information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register