Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Kumar (Consultant)     02 March 2012

Help me..threating sms

Sir,
My case goes like this, I never met a person, but i was know in the chat only , she is a professor, and she is married, she lost job it seems form  6 months or so, i lost touch with her, i stay in USA, recently she came online and asked my help since she got job in USA, they asked her to pay spend some 3000$ for visa etc, she asked me to help her whether the company is genuine or not i helped her by finding that is fraudulent email given to her by some persons or the bogus mail.

Later on she asked me to help her financial , i told her that i can help you with some amount for living, but i was busy i could not repsond to her chat message for a week, she used to give me all offended or abuse or curse messgaes, finally i got irritated and chat with her, she abused me a lot with losing temper i thrown one word, now she sent me SMS to my mobile that she is committing suicide, with all the chat messages printed and writing the letter to IG of police etc. she threatened by SMS.

I called her but she has not pick the call, really i dont know what to do,i never met her till now. Please suggest me what should i do,

she told me all about her problems like her husband is bad character he daily hits her and all...but i do not know all these, since i never met her..she is just a chat friend in yahoo.

Please suggest me after seeing her sms to my mobile i dnt know wht to do...

Regards

Ram

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 March 2012

It is better to file a complaint, so you will come know the truth, who is doing all this.  Some times some other person might have been doing this.

stanley (Freedom)     02 March 2012

You are being blackmailed hence the best option is to file a complain .All she is interested is  your money .

Ashish S sisodia (Senior Associate)     02 March 2012

you can lodge a complaint against her .

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 March 2012

The only option is to lodge police complaint and/or move to Court

Kumar (Family CEO)     02 March 2012

You have several options open since you are in USA

1. Get a Domestic Violence restraining order against her. This will take 1-2 hour of your work, no cost is involved. Process serving is free - police will serve for you to the other party. 

Man can get a DV against another man or women as long as some domestic/romantic relationship can be proven.

2. If there is no relationship, then you can get a civil restraining order. 

If you file DV, you may be eligible for free cash, free accomodation , free medical and several other benefits on the tax payers dime.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 March 2012

Barking Dogs Seldom Bite.

It was her idea to blackmail, which would not succeed.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register