Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRERNA (EXECUTIVE)     22 May 2015

Help me in repaying the credit card payment

Hi Sir,

I am a working lady, I used to have a credit card of Barclays bank with the limit of 54000/- for which I failed to make the payment because of strong financial crisis, now I am financial stable and ready to pay back the amount. From last few days I am getting threatining calls from Kotak Mahidra Bank (Against the payment of Barclays bank). When I asked them about this they said Kotak Mahidra has done a agreement with Barclays bank regarding collection. and then they started calling me on  my mobile and landphones for payment. (And they are using harras language and also maltreating me. Eventhough I told them I can pay 30000/- Rs which I can do and I dont have enoughy money to repay the entire amount. By hearing this they started very bad languages.

I am totally depressed because some lawyer from their side came to my office and said I will sue you in court.

By hearing all these I am in fear and depression. I have few questions, plz guide me

1) Can Kotak Mahidra bank call me on the behald of Barclays bank ltd? I boorowed the money from Barclays not KOtak

2) I am ready to pay 30000/- in four installments (1) 15000/- (2) 5000 (3) 5000 (4) 5000 which they are not agreeing at all and threatning me

3) What are the legal procedure against this card payment, if they sue me what will be the problem arise

4) How should I approach them.

Waiting for your reply

Prerna

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2015

Record all calls.

Prohibit them to come to any place.

Ask them to send letters By Redg. post.

Take CCTV footage/photo/audio with video of this lawyer Lodge complaint with police and Dist. Bar Association against this lawyer. Most Probably this person has impersonated as lawyer.

From the way you have drafted your post it is sufggested that you may settle the matter thru your trusted lawyer only.

You may go thru following thread;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.VV8n3lJ-hkg

PRERNA (EXECUTIVE)     22 May 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your post, I will do that I do have a CCTV fotage of that person who told himself as a lawyer and his visiting card is also with me and I ahev all the phone calls numbers from where they are calling.

When next time they call I will record their calls and update it with me.

I dont knw anything about law and order. what are the procedures for hiring a lawyer which lawyer should I Hire Plz suggest

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     22 May 2015

Dear Querist You may file a complaint against them before court or police for extortion or blackmailing and harassment. You can contact personally or over the phone.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2015

The lawyer that you contract should be seasoned in handling such matters......matters in banking/consumer cases/criminal law.......

The debt has been sold by bank and you are being chased by the entitiy that has bought the debt cheap and now has to earn fat profit.

If you wish to settle in instalments your CIBIL record shall not be cleansed by the ARC/Recovery agency.

You can keep elders of your family, competent and expereinced well wishers by your side.

Proceed preferably thru your trusted lawyer.

In future avoid using CC if you can't pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register