Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devi (Ms)     09 April 2010

Help! Rights as a tenant in chennai

Hi,

I would like to know more about the rights of tenants in Chennai under the TN Lease & Rent Control Act. I would also like to know about what are the options before a tenant [female] if the landlord [male] verbally abuses her with the hidden motive to evict the tenant.Hoping for a clear answer on this asap.

Learning

4 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     11 April 2010

immidiatly go to police . they will call him and restrain him criminal act. once he comes to know what at risk he playing hte tricks. he will will immidiately stop such acts. it is a serious crime.our legal system very much sharp in crime against the female and her modesty.

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     15 April 2010

Verbal Abuse can be dealt with as per the existing Law which is applicable to any other person, No special protection is given to the Landlod.  Further You can get an injuction from the court against the Landlord Not to interfere with the enjoyment of your right as a tenant and not to evict you through due process of Law

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     15 April 2010

Verbal Abuse can be dealt with as per the existing Law which is applicable to any other person, No special protection is given to the Landlod.  Further You can get an injuction from the court against the Landlord Not to interfere with the enjoyment of your right as a tenant and not to evict you other than through due process of Law

keethu   27 March 2016

Hi,

This is srikanth from Chennai, I have entered into an agreement for absorbing shop for rent on April 6th 2015 with a renewal period of 11 months ,and it also claims that both the parties should give three months notice for cancellation of agreement.

Due to personal issues, I have asked the owner not to renew the agreement and I am planning to close . So I orally informed on 09.03.2016 that I am vacating the rented portion and also in writing. At this point of time, owner conveyed that I have to stay for rent for three months as per agreement and also telling that I have to vacate the portion if he gets the suitable party for rent , without giving any prior notice. 

My required clarifications from you :

Generally agreement means both parties will benefit.

In my point, the owner is asking me for three months to stay or rent payable by me . But at the same time, when the owner  gets any party, it is possible for him to ask me to vacate immediately without giving any notice.

At the same time, I asked owner that if I am vacating the portion immediately,that he can pay the advance amount, for this he tells that he cannot pay the amount, and he can pay only after three months or he will pay  advance amount once he gets from new party.Is it right 

Apart from that please tell me that caution deposit of Electricity Board for 2nd year has to be paid by tenant or landlord

or give me clear idea on this subject

Srikanth

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register