LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     08 December 2009

He who knows it for sure gets punishment

A defendant was on trial for murder. There was strong evidence indicating guilt, but there was no corpse.
In the defense`s closing statement the lawyer, knowing that his client would probably be convicted, resorted to a trick: “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I have a surprise for you all,” the lawyer said as he looked at his watch. “Within one minute, the person presumed dead in this case will walk into this courtroom.”

He looked toward the courtroom door. The jurors, somewhat stunned, all looked on eagerly. A minute passed. Nothing happened.

Finally the lawyer said, “Actually, I made up the previous statement. But you all looked on with anticipation. I therefore put it to you that there is reasonable doubt in this case as to whether anyone was killed and insist that you return a verdict of not guilty.”

The jury, clearly confused, retired to deliberate. A few minutes later, the jury returned and pronounced a verdict of guilty.

“But how?” inquired the lawyer. “You must have had some doubt, I saw all of you stare at the door.”

The jury foreman replied: “Oh, we did look, but your client didn`t.”

Learning

3 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     08 December 2009

The company owner is dying and calls in his lawyer and his accountant.

The owner says, “I am dying and I want to take my money with me. At my funeral put these envelopes in my coffin.”

So at the funeral, the lawyer and the accountant put the envelopes in the coffin. But, on the way home the accountant felt bad and told the lawyer that he had opened the envelope, found one hundred thousand in cash and had taken fifty thousand out. The accountant had justified that as his fee, but now he felt bad.

The lawyer responded, “How could you have disregarded a dying man`s last request? How could you charge a fee of fifty percent? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Then, the accounted reacted, “What did you do? You gave him all his money?”

The lawyer replied, “Yes, I gave him all his money, but I left a personal cheque for the full amount”

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 December 2009

Superb!

prakash vathore ( lawyer)     10 December 2009

great

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register