LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HEMANT DUA (MANAGING DIRECTOR)     24 February 2018

Harrassment

Hi there.we have been fghting a case to get my brothers daughter custody and she has been living with us since 9 years now. My Brother died 4 years ago and before that my sister in law actually put dowrey case on my brother and on my mother which is no longer current as my brother died. We won the custody rights at Dehradun court , her mother applealed in the high court but we won again and we have got the custody for the girl. Her mother left coming seeing her since 2 years and our lawyer ask abrupt amount to get the final documents to us which I guess we have already won . We need help

Learning

10 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 February 2018

From what i understand of your query, you need help in getting the certified copy of the final order right? In that case, you dont need a lawyer and can go yourself to the certified copy department of the Court, apply and get all the papers and proceedings. 

HEMANT DUA (MANAGING DIRECTOR)     26 February 2018

Thanks Radhika, your perceived right , we need the certified copy of the final order. But we are still in dark about what has happened to the case in actual ? I am a NRI and my other is old enough to chase this lawyer who seems very greedy and broke the promise already about charging us for the whole case. He quoted one Price and got more then what he has asked for. Still want the large sum and says that I will get you the final custody for you in no time. The problem is that he knows that I live overseas and think that he can have access to all my money to get this case done. Can you assist me on this case pls Thanks Hemant

Thanks Radhika, your perceived right , we need the certified copy of the final order. But we are still in dark about what has happened to the case in actual ? I am a NRI and my other is old enough to chase this lawyer who seems very greedy and broke the promise already about charging us for the whole case. He quoted one Price and got more then what he has asked for. Still want the large sum and says that I will get you the final custody for you in no time. The problem is that he knows that I live overseas and think that he can have access to all my money to get this case done. Can you assist me on this case pls Thanks Hemant

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 February 2018

Would sure do my best to assist you.  You can apply for certified copy of the full papers and proceedings including the roznama from the Court.  If your case is in Mumbai, i can help you out with the same. 

Thajsi again for your quick reply. The Case was under high court in Nanintal. I am in Australia, my mother would not be able to apply. Is there you can suggest anyone in Nanital court ? What is the procedure of applying the carfified copy of the final order. Is there anyone you can refer us ? I am a law student myself in Australia but never seen unethical person like him

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     27 February 2018

Unfortunately, i do not know anyone in Nainital. However, the process is not at all complicated.  If your mother was one of the Petitioner then she can apply or else you will have to sign and send the document for applying for the certified copy. Then your mother needs to go to the Court or find some other Advocate who can do it for you and apply for the certified copy. It may take time but is something, if you dont find an Advocate or clerk, which your mother can easily do. 

HEMANT DUA (MANAGING DIRECTOR)     27 February 2018

Thanks so much for your assistance and I see if mother can find someone to get us the decision copy. Many thanks again for your unbiased advise on the matter

Thanks so much for your assistance and I see if mother can find someone to get us the decision copy. Many thanks again for your unbiased advise on the matter

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register